lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2019, 09:38 AM   #1
spidergolf1
Not Yet Wild

Default 5bc 36v motor upgrade

what can I replace a 1994 36v motor 2 hp with to speed it up
spidergolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2019, 10:29 AM   #2
Brob1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 5bc 36v motor upgrade

I am assuming this is a series cart. Before you replace the motor, I would first install a higher amperage motor controller and a few other essential upgrades.
The motor controller is essentially the "valve" that regulates the amount of amps supplied to the motor under load.

The series motors are limited in their rpm speed, however you can install larger tires to increase the top speed. At that point, you need more amperage to handle the increased load. The higher amp controller can increase torque as well.

As you increase the amps, you'll want larger wires to handle the current. The stock wires are most likely an AWG 6; stepping up to AWG 2 will allow more current flow without getting hot.

The FNR switch may require an upgrade as well to handle the added current as they tend to be a weak link and fail with heat.

After you've gone this route, you may be pleasantly surprised with the added performance. Unless you are going with a crazy lift and huge tires, your stock motor may be adequate for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Brob1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO