lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2019, 11:17 AM   #1
daveupjr
Not Yet Wild

Default 48V precedent initial starting.

Hey Everyone, First thanks for having me this is my first post.

Question for the group.

2012 precedent. When going to go use the Cart for the first time, sometime in days, I go put the key in the ignition, switch it to forward or reverse and press the peddle, NOTHING happens. Put it in reverse, NO backup sounds, press the peddle, nothing. Wait a few seconds, and it will start and GO.

This only happens "cold", when I have not used it in a day or two. IF I stop it, park and go back to it it works fine.

I am banging my head against a wall trying to figure this out. Any help or any pointers would be great. Honestly, if this is normal I am fine with that. Just do not want there to be a problem.
daveupjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2019, 11:20 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 48V precedent initial starting.

Make sure you leave the charger plugged into the cart while the cart is not in use.

The OBC will go to sleep after a few days if the cart is not used and not plugged to the charger.

Turning the key ON and pressing the accelerator wakes up the OBC, but it takes a few seconds.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 11:26 AM   #3
daveupjr
Not Yet Wild

OK, I have NOT left the charge plugged in at all..is that something that I should do at all times? What you are explaining is exactly right...
Old 03-26-2019, 11:32 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Yes, when not in use and at least daily, plug it in. The P&P (Park it Plug it) principle is the the best and the OBC will perform the maintenance charge at 15 day intervals if you do not use it.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 11:33 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The best practice (and OEM recommendation) is to plug the cart to the charger at the end of the riding day.

Lead acid batteries should not be stored in a partially discharged state as it will reduce their practical life.

The OBC will automatically cycle every two weeks if needed to maintain the batteries.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:51 AM   #6
daveupjr
Not Yet Wild

Wow, you guys know your stuff. I appreciate this, very much. So is your opinions that if this is plugged in, the cart will NOT do that when trying to start and go? Or this is a normal operation of the cart?
Old 03-26-2019, 12:30 PM   #7
daveupjr
Not Yet Wild

So is your opinion that this is normal operating? Should it do this when plugged in as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Make sure you leave the charger plugged into the cart while the cart is not in use.

The OBC will go to sleep after a few days if the cart is not used and not plugged to the charger.

Turning the key ON and pressing the accelerator wakes up the OBC, but it takes a few seconds.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:32 PM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

if the cart is left plugged in it will not have a delay when you try to use it.

Having the OBC go to sleep and requiring the MCOR micro-switch to be cycled in order to wake it up is normal when the cart is stored unplugged from the charger.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:42 AM   #9
daveupjr
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the help, good stuff.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:43 PM   #10
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

If the cart is left Unplugged for several days, the OBC goes to sleep mode, and the controller goes to lockout mode. When you then go to use the cart, the F/R switch has to be cycled through both positions, and the controller has to see input from the throttle switch before it will wake the OBC and take the controller out of lockout.

When the cart is left plugged in for several days, the OBC still goes into sleep mode, and the controller is in lockout mode whenever the charger is plugged in, but it wakes up once the charger is Unplugged, and the OBC then enables the motor controller for operation. At least that's how it Should work.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car