lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2019, 09:35 AM   #1
david101193
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car DS resistor/VGlide issue

Hello all, I have a resistor DS here that is giving me an issue. It has the resistor system with 1 solenoid and Vglide. Basically when the solenoid engages the cart creeps but does not speed up at all across the board. Even when floored and the VGlide arm all the way to the top, which should be directly to the motor, it isnt speeding up. Vglide was installed about 4 months ago. It had some corrosion on it so I cleaned all the contacts and wires and put it back together. Everything seems to be making a connection properly yet still the cart will only creep. I know these resistor systems are pretty cut and dry but this one has me stumped. Thanks for any and all help/info!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
david101193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2019, 09:41 AM   #2
david101193
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car DS resistor/VGlide issue

Hello all again, I figured the issue out. The VGlide arm wiring is frayed in half so there is no power coming across the system. It was inside the insulation so I didnt notice it at first.

david101193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:46 AM   #3
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

That was fast!

Glad you got it figured out
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:24 AM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by david101193 View Post
Hello all again, I figured the issue out. The VGlide arm wiring is frayed in half so there is no power coming across the system. It was inside the insulation so I didnt notice it at first.

Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:50 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by david101193 View Post
If it is stored outside, rats and or mice can play havoc on the wires and small electrical devices. (Lord knows I have fought my battles with chewing thru the insulation and/or eating wiring for nesting material)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car