lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2019, 10:52 AM   #1
dhartung02
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 Danaher to 350a Curtis Conversion Process

So i just happened to snag a conversion kit (from a Danaher to a Curtis 350a) which will be arriving in the next week or so. I also am converting from 12v to 8v batteries, upgrading my wiring to 2 gauge, and installing an on-board charger. I plan to document the process along the way and probably ask several questions too. Hopefully this thread will help others taking the journey and give the experts a forum to drop some knowledge/tips along the way

Hey BobBoyce - Any chance I could send this controller to you for a "tune up" before I drop it in the cart? :)

More updates to come as I make progression. So far - all i have done is remove the 12v Batteries and battery tray so i could pick up the 8v batteries. I am still waiting for the 8v tray and wires to come in.
dhartung02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2019, 11:08 AM   #2
riverfamlee
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 Danaher to 350a Curtis Conversion Process

Where did you get the conversion kit? This is exactly what I am trying to do
riverfamlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:28 AM   #3
dhartung02
Not Yet Wild

I was able to catch a break on a new one from an individual on this forum (thank you!). They know of this post - and if they want to announce themselves - i will let them.

Outside of that - ebay is a popular option - but you have to be vigilant, and patient to watch for one to float by. There are also a few places on the net that sell them - but they tend to go for an arm an a leg.

I make no claims for this company - but i did a quick google search and found this one for sale:

https://blockbustergolfcarts.com/whl...son-2-2-1.aspx
Old 04-10-2019, 11:37 AM   #4
riverfamlee
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks! That's about what the place that built my cart said it would be installed. Looks like it was a fair price. Im in the same boat as you as I would like to get it in Bobs hands first but at the same time if I have the shop do it I would want to make sure it is fully functional before shipping it out.
riverfamlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 01:00 PM   #5
dhartung02
Not Yet Wild

If you have a shop that will procure and install at that price - that is very good. The only downside is that - at best - it will be set in Freedom Mode - so you will be looking at about 20mph which is a shame with that beefy controller :)

All in all though - if you work on your cart at all - and are fairly handy - it isnt a terrible install process - from what I can tell/see. The kit makes the switch-over pretty straight forward.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:51 PM   #6
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey Dustin Bob said to ship it to him...
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:55 PM   #7
dhartung02
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Hey Dustin Bob said to ship it to him...
That is excellent - I hear Bob works magic on the 350a!
Old 04-10-2019, 04:35 PM   #8
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2010 Danaher to 350a Curtis Conversion Process

It's pricy but shop.ezgo.com ( the company sight) almost always has them available.

Also - Warning

There are 2 wires that need to be spliced; an orange one and (depending on when the harness was manufactured) a white or Grey one. Problem is there are multiple white wires in the harness. Splice the wrong one and you could very easily fry your new controller.

When you get your conversion kit reach back out to the forum as there are pictures and instructions for identifying the correct wire!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jkredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #9
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhartung02 View Post
So i just happened to snag a conversion kit (from a Danaher to a Curtis 350a) which will be arriving in the next week or so. I also am converting from 12v to 8v batteries, upgrading my wiring to 2 gauge, and installing an on-board charger. I plan to document the process along the way and probably ask several questions too. Hopefully this thread will help others taking the journey and give the experts a forum to drop some knowledge/tips along the way

Hey BobBoyce - Any chance I could send this controller to you for a "tune up" before I drop it in the cart? :)

More updates to come as I make progression. So far - all i have done is remove the 12v Batteries and battery tray so i could pick up the 8v batteries. I am still waiting for the 8v tray and wires to come in.
Looking forward to following your thread Dustin...
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:48 AM   #10
dhartung02
Not Yet Wild

I figure I would start with som preliminary shots of the cart to give everyone a sense of what I am working with. It’s very dirty so I plan to clean it all out really good and I realized there are a lot of loose wires that need to be run a little more cleanly and zip tied!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO