lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2019, 09:10 PM   #1
kankles
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2001 EZGO TXT light swap question

Newbie here, apologize if this is posted elsewhere but I recently purchased a 2001 EZGOTXT 36v cart to drive around my neighborhood and it has the old halogen lights. How difficult is it to switch to a newer more efficient LED light bar? Can I use the same switch in the key for the new lights? What else would I need besides the new lights?

Any help is greatly appreciated as this is my first endeavor in the golf cart world
kankles is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2019, 09:21 PM   #2
solar guppy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2001 EZGO TXT light swap question

Yes,

LED use substantially less energy, so there are no issues just pulling off the old and installing the new LED ones.
solar guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:58 AM   #3
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Your title says swap, but then you said your going to install a led light bar.

I would swap your existing head lights out with new LED headlights, they run $80 on ebay and are SUPER frickin bright!!

I would personally use what ever wiring harness comes with the new lights whether you go with a light bar or replacement lights, the harnesses now a days come plug and play and are very simple to install.
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:06 AM   #4
kankles
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW Rusty View Post
Your title says swap, but then you said your going to install a led light bar.

I would swap your existing head lights out with new LED headlights, they run $80 on ebay and are SUPER frickin bright!!

I would personally use what ever wiring harness comes with the new lights whether you go with a light bar or replacement lights, the harnesses now a days come plug and play and are very simple to install.

Yes, I want to swap the old lights on my cart for new replacement LEDs that are sold now. Same size and shape

Would post a pic and link but can’t yet due to being a newbie
kankles is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO