lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2019, 11:58 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Speed sensor bad?

I have a couple rolls of 22Ga solid copper hookup wire and chop off an inch or two and strip the insulation as needed on both ends. I have some test leads with minigrabbers to grab the open end to the wire.

On second thought, the walkaway safety might not work if the reed switch circuit is intact and a charger is plugged in. J1 Pin4 powers up the electronics and it has battery pack voltage on it except when in Tow or when reed switch contacts are open.

Your voltmeter has fixed voltage ranges, so the mV issue doesn't apply.

I suspect you got a controller with a bad speed sensor circuit, hopefully is didn't take out the speed sensor on your motor.

You can check it with a 9V battery (or 12V source of some kind). Black wire is Negative, Red is positive and white is signal. Push cart very slowly and you ought to see pulses.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2019, 12:29 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just a thought but approximately 40v is what he would have measured if he accidentally plugged the speed sensor on the personality connector of the alltrax controller (since they are the same molex mini fit jr connector).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:33 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Just a thought but approximately 40v is what he would have measured if he accidentally plugged the speed sensor on the personality connector of the alltrax controller (since they are the same molex mini fit jr connector).
Ounch! You might have something there.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:39 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Specially after his comment about the voltage only being there after the key switch is ON...
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:49 AM   #15
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sergio and Johnnie B you are right!

I was on the phone will Alltrax about an hour before you posted that and we were going through what was going on.

Alltrax mentioned that they have literally never had a bad speed sensor port on a controller. So that was out, statistically as an option.

The last time I drove the cart I recorded two logs, emailed to Alltrax and then removed the controller.

Alltrax mentioned that if speed limit enable is NOT checked the controller will estimate values based on voltage and etc. Since there was a prior log we were able to confirm that speed limit was enable and rpms were being recorded on the last two runs. Which makes it difficult for a speed sensor go bad.

When I ask why the -40v was present with key on and not with key off and about the roll away feature on at all times minus tow being switched a light bulb went off. He then mentioned the two plugs and I immediately realized it.

I have yet had a chance to get to the cart yesterday and probably not today to move the plug and see if I did not do any damage by having it plugged into the FN Connector.

Thanks!

Let me also go on an say I am uber grateful for the help of this forum and the customer service/support of Alltrax
Conradconrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO