lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2019, 12:40 PM   #1
6.5swee
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default New Charger time to upgrade to 42 V?

I have a 94 Medalist TXT 36 volt golf cart electric. Serial #832379. I put a 6" lift and 10 X 22 AT tires. It is used as a hunting cart. It is slow going up hills but runs OK other wise. I have a Curtis 400 AMP controller and 4 gauge cables throughout the cart. I have a HD F/R switch and solenoid. The rest of the cart is stock.

My charger quit and I need a new one. My question is, would this be a good time to upgrade to 42 Volt? If so which components would I have to change?
Thanks for your time.
6.5swee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2019, 12:56 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Charger time to upgrade to 42 V?

Running 7/6v batteries (42v) requires a 48v compatible controller and solenoid - although most HD 200 amps solenoid will tolerate the added coil voltage I would not expect a stock 50-70 amp unit to do it for too awfully long.
And you will need 1 extra battery cable and a 42v charger.

42v chargers are 42v specific. Another option would be to get the new Lester Summit II 36-48 volt charger and run the 36v a while longer while you save up for a full blown 48v conversion.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:04 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

X2 What ScottyB said.

Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:57 PM   #4
6.5swee
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Scotty B thanks for the response. I have a HD solenoid installed. I just wasnt sure if the controller would handle 42 Volts. I am correct in saying you would just skip the 42 and go to 48?
What price and changes am i looking at to go to 48 Volt asides from the batteries of course?
Thanks
6.5swee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 02:24 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

48v Delta-q QuiQ chargers can be programmed for 42v (mode 37) as well. And can be changed back if you were to convert to 48v at a later date.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO