lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2019, 01:50 PM   #1
Russell_Mr
Not Yet Wild

Default 1983 ezgo electric golf cart won't work

I'm having an issue with a cart I just bought, it's a 1983 ezgo electric golf cart 36v, the batteries are good, I tested the motor and all seemed fine but it doesn't run, so I tested the solenoid, when I jump the 2 big terminals, the cart wheels turn if it's in forward or reverse, without pressing the peddle, when I press the peddle it speeds up,
The on/off switch has been u plugged, and the guy I got this from said it's been that way since he owned it, you just move it it the direction you want and push the peddle,
The problem started when a battery terminal melted and he replaced that battery and cable, now the cart doesn't work,
Now that I have given the history and what I have done, my question is, if I tested the solenoid and it works being jumped without pressing the peddle, is that normal?,
Also, if I put a new key switch in and plug it back in, will it work properly.? Or am I looking at more issues
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Russell_Mr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2019, 03:15 PM   #2
pattyandrick
Getting Wild

Default Re: 1983 ezgo electric golf cart won't work

Could be the switch on the pedal that energizes the solinoid or the solinoid itself. Check for power at the solinoid small wires when you push the pedal,

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
pattyandrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 04:00 PM   #3
Russell_Mr
Not Yet Wild

Ok, I will, I do know that when I push the peddle with the jumper on, it speeds up like it's supposed to, I just thought it was odd that it turned the wheel just by jumping it

Old 04-25-2019, 04:20 PM   #4
pattyandrick
Getting Wild

The key switch would have to be hotwired(bypassed) to send power to the pedal. Could be a fuse, too

pattyandrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:40 PM   #5
Russell_Mr
Not Yet Wild

It's confusing to me because the 2 wires are just unplugged and hanging there not hooked to anything, not even covered, lol, I was kinda wondering if they were tied together at one poimg making the cart work, and he unhooked them replacing a battery, and didn't re connect them, because ever since he replaced the battery it hasn't worked, it seems like an open circuit to me,
I was going to re connect those 2 wires together to see if that made the cart work again, (bypassing the key switch), but didn't want to burn anything else up, lol
You think it would work if I hooked those 2 key switch wires together and tried it?

Old 04-25-2019, 07:51 PM   #6
Russell_Mr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandrick View Post
Could be the switch on the pedal that energizes the solinoid or the solinoid itself. Check for power at the solinoid small wires when you push the pedal,

Ok, I'll look at all that tomorrow, I took lots of pics yesterday, because I want to Jake all that stuff out, it all looks pretty rough to me, I might end up replacing it all lol

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO