lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2019, 08:16 PM   #1
jallwine
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Bought 2008 RXV but it is actually a Fleet Model...Any options on increasing speed?

I'm a total noob but have googled it quite extensively and even took the cover off the speed control to see if mine had the 5 pin performance option plug but did not see one. Am I screwed and stuck at 15 mph?

Thanks in advance for any help!
jallwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2019, 08:18 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bought 2008 RXV but it is actually a Fleet Model...Any options on increasing spee

No you need somebody with a Danaher handheld to speed your cart up to 19.5mph.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 11:48 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Bought 2008 RXV but it is actually a Fleet Model...Any options on increasing spee

That one is locked down. There is no "personality plug" (that was about 10 years prior to your cart). Most any Ezgo dealer can unlock it for 19 mph on stock tires (would be faster on larger tires), but no one else can really do it for 2012 and prior models, dealer only. No "make it yourself", or "ship controller to our friends" can do it. There are a couple options to get more speed, both include a new motor controller, and neither are very cheap. There just isn't a "cheapo shortcut" like a speed magnet for these. Just don't buy stupid RXV high speed gears, they may look attractive for the price, but they hurt the cart pretty badly. Anyone who "loves" their Rxv high speed gears isn't telling the whole story of how much the brakes now suck, reduced battery life, and reduced range. Trust me, been there, tried that, and paid the consequences for it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:53 AM   #4
jallwine
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
That one is locked down. There is no "personality plug" (that was about 10 years prior to your cart). Most any Ezgo dealer can unlock it for 19 mph on stock tires (would be faster on larger tires), but no one else can really do it for 2012 and prior models, dealer only. No "make it yourself", or "ship controller to our friends" can do it. There are a couple options to get more speed, both include a new motor controller, and neither are very cheap. There just isn't a "cheapo shortcut" like a speed magnet for these. Just don't buy stupid RXV high speed gears, they may look attractive for the price, but they hurt the cart pretty badly. Anyone who "loves" their Rxv high speed gears isn't telling the whole story of how much the brakes now suck, reduced battery life, and reduced range. Trust me, been there, tried that, and paid the consequences for it.
Thanks for your response. I will give the dealer near me a call. Any idea of what I should expect to pay?
Old 04-26-2019, 08:54 AM   #5
jallwine
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
No you need somebody with a Danaher handheld to speed your cart up to 19.5mph.
Thanks! Know anyone in GA with one? lol
Old 04-26-2019, 09:08 AM   #6
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Bob got one in NC. If he passes thru GA I'm sure he would help you out. Or take your cart to him.

I might add Bob is under the weather and might not be able to do it right away.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:30 AM   #7
jallwine
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Bob got one in NC. If he passes thru GA I'm sure he would help you out.
Man that guy is EVERYWHERE! I read a thread where he drove to Florida to help someone out. Must be quite a great guy. I'm in no hurry but will reach out to him in a few weeks to see if he may pass through Atlanta.

Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO