lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2019, 08:51 AM   #11
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2 club car ds's

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Jim, be sure to check and replace/upgrade as needed your main contactor/solenoid. That 36v is probably not designed for 48v and I would have at least a 200a on there. You will also need a larger precharge resistor (470 Ohm 10 Watt) and a 1 amp voltage suppression diode. Use a 3 amp if you use a 400a solenoid.
Thanks Nole, I think that I have 3 48 volt solenoids that I ordered from Dave Hicks with the resister and diode. Thats one of the great things you get when you order from the dawg He sets you up right.
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2019, 08:56 AM   #12
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
Make sure it’s an independent 48v charger too- not an OBC controlled power drive model.
Luke, last year when I seen her cart I ask her where it came from she said the guys name, Well he worked at a golf course and had the guy bypass the OBC.I told her to get a new charger so she ordered a DPI charger for a 48 volt club car with out a OBC
Old 04-30-2019, 09:43 PM   #13
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim,s View Post
Luke, last year when I seen her cart I ask her where it came from she said the guys name, Well he worked at a golf course and had the guy bypass the OBC.I told her to get a new charger so she ordered a DPI charger for a 48 volt club car with out a OBC

Good choice.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 05:25 PM   #14
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

This project is moving along I think pretty good.
I called alltrax today and the tech said all will be good at 48 volts for the controller.
Double checked with Dave Hicks on the solenoids that I ordered plus to jog my memory. All is good
heavy duty F&R switch
tomorrow I will clean up the V-glide put in a new brush and a fresh switch then install 6 eight volt batteries.
One question, The new DPI charger she has that was set up for a 48 volt club car without the OBC would I be better off changing the cord to the 2 prong crows foot Or change the charging port on the cart to the round 3 prong plug receptacle.
then one more coat of clear and install the body. The painting part is a little slow because we are in luv bug season. I have to work around the bugs schedule.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:02 PM   #15
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Jim, I would change the charge port on the cart and the reason I say that is the crows foot is synonymous with 36v carts and the round 3-prong is synonymous with the 48v carts.... This way it is easily identifiable as a 48v cart.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 02:31 PM   #16
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Jim, I would change the charge port on the cart and the reason I say that is the crows foot is synonymous with 36v carts and the round 3-prong is synonymous with the 48v carts.... This way it is easily identifiable as a 48v cart.
Thanks NOEL,
I went ahead and put the round port in the cart that I'm working on. The DPI charger is working perfect.
I did take the cart for a test drive after installing the 8 volt batteries with no body on it. (it gives the old people in the park something to see) But the cart ran like new money. Now I just need to finish all the low voltage for the lights. Then put the body back on.

I do need to take a minute to grab my corvette. After having the car for 2.5 years I want to start the areo package. 1st being the spoiler I found a factory one cheap and a guy from the corvette forum mailed a template for me to use, Then send it back for the next person to borrow.

Again Thanks for all your help on this project that I'm working on.

Last edited by jim,s; 05-11-2019 at 02:33 PM.. Reason: misspelled
Old 05-11-2019, 09:25 PM   #17
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim,s View Post
The painting part is a little slow because we are in luv bug season. I have to work around the bugs schedule.
They would sure make a mess of that!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 04:19 AM   #18
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Pretty sure the 95-96 is a 5k-0. What is the serial # on the 48v? What throttle system is in it?

IDK about the alltrax. What does it say on it?
Mooncarter,
This project I was working on for the lady in the park is coming to an end. The cart That she gave me less the batteries and charging port is a 96 with a rocker switch for the F&R. So that tells me its a regan cart right.
I want to take this cart apart and as the budget allows upgrade all electric.
This one I want to put the biggest tire possible with out lifting it. more like a low rider.I also want to speed it up. As I already have a club car precedent with a 6 inch lift with wheels to match my corvette.( as best as David Hicks and I could find on the computer together) My precedent does 23mph and that it plenty fast for a lifted cart.
Ideas on upgrades would be nice. (for the new project cart)
Old 05-12-2019, 06:43 AM   #19
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

I wanted larger tires without a 3" lift. I'm running a 14 module Leaf pack (-300lbs) and I put RHOX RoadHawk 20x10R-10" on my wife's precedent. They fit perfect while sitting in the driveway but were not drivable. I ended up making 1 1/4" rear shackle extensions and a 3/4" lift block for the for the front. I also had to cut out most of the wire harness channel behind the passenger floorboard and covered it with a piece of heavy duty plastic. They look great and I eventually got to where I wanted but it wasn't as simple as swapping a set of wheels. I'm now a believer that you can't upsize the precedent tires without some modifications.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:44 AM   #20
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

I gave the project cart back to the lady in our park last night, She loved it and it ran sweet. She said that the cart has never been able to go up the incline on he street at normal speed.
That being said, I now have a club car DS it's a 96 with the rocker switch F&R switch. It's time to make a budget to start upgrades.

The goal would be to keep it at stock height as I already have a 2008 precedent with a 6 inch lift.
I'm thinking 10 inch wheels
I would like it to go at least 23mph

I need help with some ideas on this one.
May be a slow start on this one because the grand daughter is finishing school and it seems to cost me a few dollars. The good news is I see the light at the end of the tunnel because there is only 1 more grand daughter to go, and I think I have about 2 years before this one finishes school. 5 down one to go. (LUCKY ME)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car