lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2019, 05:59 PM   #11
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Old cart to new owner - trouble shooting

You may have a bad dynamatic solenoid. If it is bad you cart will not have any power because the current is going through the coil on the solenoid. You can hook both large cables on that solenoid to the same post effectively jumping the two together to bypass the solenoid. If you do this test also unhook the speed sensor on the end of the motor to keep it from stopping hard.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2019, 06:57 PM   #12
Clarkwho
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
You may have a bad dynamatic solenoid. If it is bad you cart will not have any power because the current is going through the coil on the solenoid. You can hook both large cables on that solenoid to the same post effectively jumping the two together to bypass the solenoid. If you do this test also unhook the speed sensor on the end of the motor to keep it from stopping hard.
I have been scouring the forum for how to do this...but can't seem to locate a diagram? I see it mentioned everywhere..lol...but just not exactly which to do..

I know I have the two solenoids, one with the resistor coil... but I just don't want to bypass the wrong one and short circuit something..

Thanks, will give this a try while working on getting the atx
Clarkwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:57 PM   #13
Clarkwho
Not Yet Wild

got the bypass figured... lots of torque now.. still only 11mph top on flat ground..but will climb all my hills and takes off as it should. Now to see if cutting out stops..
Old 05-18-2019, 08:01 PM   #14
Clarkwho
Not Yet Wild

I wonder...while I am musing here...could the cutting out be the microswitch in the fnr switch? when it was stopping (kids are out ripping around right now testing) a click of reverse back to forward worked to make it go again...
Old 05-18-2019, 08:01 PM   #15
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

It is the solenoid on the drivers side. Put cart in tow mode unhook negative and positive battery cables. Take cover off that is under the basket. You will see the solenoid on the left side (drivers) remove cable from the left side of the solenoid and put it on the right with the white cable. Unhook speed sensor connector while you are in there. It is on the end of the motor the connector is about 6-8 inches from the motor. Hook everything back up put cart in run. If the solenoid was bad you will see more power as soon as you press the pedal.

I see you got it while I was typing.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:03 PM   #16
Clarkwho
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Now that we know that it is bad, should it be replaced or is the only downfall losing the downhill braking? My course that I use this on only has one small hill to really worry about...and it's hardly worth worrying about. A few rolls and knolls, but I typically park on the flat anyway.. Are there any other side effects of this?
Old 05-18-2019, 08:06 PM   #17
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Turn key off and switch FNR switch back and forward about 20-30 times if that helps you may need a new switch.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:08 PM   #18
Clarkwho
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
That is a Regen2 controller and little to no parts for them. You use to have to convert to an IQ harness but now you have an Alltrax alternative with their XCT line.

And yes, it does sound like a controller issues.
Yeah..so I took it apart..and promptly just put it back together...way beyond my capabilities..lol. a quick silicone of seams and kids are out playing..will see what comes of it.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:09 PM   #19
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Just know you don't have roll away braking or down hill braking. You can remove the solenoid if you like.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:11 PM   #20
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

If you go with the new controller you will be able to get downhill braking back.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car