lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2019, 06:28 PM   #1
brock29609
Not Yet Wild

Default '07 Precedent only limps, roll-away safety feature works

Takes off like a rocket for about 1 sec, then immediately limps. Never dies, will limp along forever.

Solenoid clicks loudly.

Batteries check out great, about 50V total, all terminals clean, cables are great.

Pushed it and the roll-away alarm started beeping. So speed sensor is OK?

I vaguely remember before having this problem that I'd get slight sputter when accelerating (very brief power drop-outs). My wife never detected this, but she rarely notices this kind of detail.

Ideas on what's wrong? The speed sensor on mine is the black top hat shaped one, if that tells you more about my parts. Bad Mcor?
brock29609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2019, 07:54 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: '07 Precedent only limps, roll-away safety feature works

Could be the potentiometer in the MCOR. Wanna check it out and see? We can also check the Speed Sensor.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:09 PM   #3
brock29609
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Could be the potentiometer in the MCOR. Wanna check it out and see? We can also check the Speed Sensor.
Will gladly check all. Need a little direction, though. I have a multimeter. Just need to know where to stick it and what I'm looking for.

Been consuming info here vivaciously today. A little overwhelmed and need some things dumbed down.

EDIT: I tried pumping the GO pedal furiously. That seems to wake it out of limp mode briefly. Does that point us to the pot in the MCOR?
Old 05-19-2019, 10:18 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

To test the output from your potentiometer in your MCOR have the batteries connected, Tow/Run switch in Run; then place the black (–) probe on packs main Negative post and the red (+) probe on the Yellow wire at the 3-pin connector near the MCOR. (The reading should be approximately ~0.32vdc to ~0.5vdc with the pedal up). Slowly press the Go Pedal and the readings should increase until it reaches ~4.65vdc or more when the pedal is fully pressed. (Anything less than 4.60vdc and you are not reaching full throttle). If the reading is erratic or jumps all over the place it is a bad MCOR potentiometer.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:47 AM   #5
brock29609
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. This test will be my next step.

I removed the MCOR, opened it, and tested the internal switch terminals. All was fine. No resistance when switch closes the circuit and completely open when it's supposed to be. Cleaned and dielectric greased the board.

No luck. Same symptoms.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car