lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2019, 09:11 PM   #21
WeCampinInMI
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart runs fine until I stop then runs very slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
All the 3-2 error code means is the voltage on J1 Pin-5 isn't the same as the voltage on the controller's B+ terminal when the solenoid's contacts are supposed to be closed, or the voltage on the B+ terminal does not drop below the voltage on J1 Pin-5 when solenoid contacts are supposed to be open.

If the voltage on J1 Pin-5 does not exactly match, repeat EXACTLY match, the voltage on the solenoid's battery side large terminal, that is most likely what is causing the 3-2 error code.

The red wire on the battery side large terminal feeds the beeper and J1 Pin5. There is a "sonic" weld inside the wiring harness where the red wire is tapped into. For some reason, EZGO chose to run the unreliable tap to J1 Pin-5 and the more reliable continuous wire to the beeper. (I suspect there is less culpability having non-running cart than having a running cart without a reverse beeper.)

--------------
In my opinion, the best controller for a PDS cart is an Alltrax XCT48400PDS or larger. Your cart will do about 24MPH with a 36V battery pack and stock height tires. The rear seat and 4 pax will slow it more on the hills, but not all that much on level pavement.

I've gotten most of my upgrades from here: https://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-xct-sepex--.html

Thanks for all the info and suggestions. 😁

I think I may have found the culprit. Pin 5 has a black spot on the tip where it plugs in. I can get it to go normal speed. Then it will do the slow mode and when I wiggle that pin it will pick back up again. Tried it a few times. When I unplugged those wires I can see the blackened spot.

Any idea what would cause that?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190619_220512.jpg (80.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190619_220451.jpg (55.6 KB, 0 views)
WeCampinInMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2019, 03:08 PM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart runs fine until I stop then runs very slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCampinInMI View Post
Thanks for all the info and suggestions. 😁

I think I may have found the culprit. Pin 5 has a black spot on the tip where it plugs in. I can get it to go normal speed. Then it will do the slow mode and when I wiggle that pin it will pick back up again. Tried it a few times. When I unplugged those wires I can see the blackened spot.

Any idea what would cause that?
When the Run/Tow switch is in Run, J1 Pin-5 has amperage flowing through it 24/7.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, stalling, troubleshooting
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO