lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2019, 03:35 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax 4865 Throttle up setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Officially the 50% reverse feature on the AXE simply takes the linear 100% throttle point and drags it down to 50%. Everything else remains the same = same throttle response rate as forward.
That should also mathematically reduce the throttle rate by 1/2 since the speed is only changing by 1/2 given the same amount of pedal travel.

Certainly not as configurable as the new controllers but it should help.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2019, 03:37 PM   #12
DaveTM
Gone Wild

OIC. Well....if that's the case Ill let it alone. Never know if I have to go fast in reverse......like if a mad momma bear is chasing me for running over one of her cubs.

The fast reverse speed should buy me at least another 15 seconds seeing that bears can run up to 45-mph.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 03:38 PM   #13
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That should also mathematically reduce the throttle rate by 1/2 since the speed is only changing by 1/2 given the same amount of pedal travel.

Certainly not as configurable as the new controllers but it should help.
Well......I have time. I'll wire it together and provide a full report.

Or....I'll let ya know if my neck still snaps back in reverse.
Old 06-06-2019, 04:09 PM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Another option I did was to set up the throttle curve (or whatever it's called) so that 50% pedal is less than 50% controller output, which allows for more control on the low end, but still gives you 100% when you floor it. JohnnyB did this. At first I set mine up very aggressive, but settled on a more "S" shaped curve.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:08 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You mean like a bell curve so the first linear 50% is less vertical than the second half.
Sort of like the exponential we use in remote control airplanes. Again both forward and backwards would be effected.

Did you know the SR controller has 2 modes available? This is accessible with any switch.
I set up a cart with a completely different driving mode activated by the reverse switch.
All you need to activate this feature is power to J1 Green and the program set up.
We were able to change all the settings :
lower throttle response rate
lower speed limit
lower armature amps
higher or lower regen braking
and such - it was like 2 different carts.
I don't hear about too many people taking advantage of this feature for Reverse or KIDS.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:21 PM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
You mean like a bell curve so the first linear 50% is less vertical than the second half.
Sort of like the exponential we use in remote control airplanes. Again both forward and backwards would be effected.

Did you know the SR controller has 2 modes available? This is accessible with any switch.
I set up a cart with a completely different driving mode activated by the reverse switch.
All you need to activate this feature is power to J1 Green and the program set up.
lower speed limit
lower armature amps
I don't hear about too many people taking advantage of this feature for Reverse or KIDS.
I knew it wasn't an "S", but didn't know how to describe it. Isn't it like the first half of a bell curve, with horizontal axis pedal and vertical axis controller output?
Old 06-06-2019, 05:23 PM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
lower speed limit
lower armature amps
I did. I also know a pot can be used for personality.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:31 PM   #18
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
at times I let off the gas, then hit it. The cart felt "unresponsive" as if a there was no power to the motor......like a wire had been cut.
I had this problem. It was with a DCX so this may not apply to you. It was caused by "plug braking" not being active. Look in the software and see if plug braking is checked.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:16 AM   #19
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Just to update this half speed reverse option on my TXT, I connected a wire from the Alltrax controller to the R side of my reversing contactor and tested it. I must say that now, starting in reverse is a much more pleasant experience using the 1/2 speed option. The initial torque from a stop has settled down so I won't have any neck snapping...toss the grandkids off the back seat types of starts.

Forward is the same and that's good.

OTOH......I have to figure out a better excuse when a rear passenger gets somewhat snooty and I "accidentally" toss 'em off.
Old 06-22-2019, 03:57 AM   #20
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
OTOH......I have to figure out a better excuse when a rear passenger gets somewhat snooty and I "accidentally" toss 'em off.
Ah yes, pros and cons to all mods......
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO