lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2019, 07:43 PM   #1
Roady0309
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car Upgrade

Hi everyone I'm in the middle of upgrading my 03 DS cart I have purchased a Admiral 10 HP motor, Navitas 600 AMP controller and 2 AWG battery cables and also the ones to the controller. Question I have do I need to replace the cables from the controller to motor and if so what else do I need to replace.
Roady0309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2019, 09:58 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Upgrade

I assume this is a Sepex cart since you did not mention any FNR cables, so Yes you should for the A1/A2 cables. The F1/F2 do not have to be, but I must admit, I do change mine to 6g just to make them more durable.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:39 PM   #3
Roady0309
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yea sorry its a 2003 has tow/run switch, so I'm new to the electric carts As far as I know yes it is Sepex. I installed the controller today and I can't get it to accelerate correctly. When the wheels start to move the jump then it will not accelerate till the pedal is on the floor. It also goes in REV while in FWD and REV in REV so I have not FWD. I could not speak to anyone in tech support as they had left before I called.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:30 PM   #4
Roady0309
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Update I figured it out it was not set to Regen/shunt motor I may have changed it while trying to calibrate the accelerator pedal, I just set it back to factory default and it worked perfect. Now tomorrow I will break in my motor and see how it works after that.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:45 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Perfect! That is a Sepex (Shunt) motor....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car