lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2019, 12:47 PM   #1
Curtis Pittman
Not Yet Wild

Default 1992 DS Speed Erratic

I have a 1992 DS 36 volt car with V glide and Controller. It was working fine until a recent haul on a utility trailer. It starts off at normal speed and quickly drops to a crawl then stops. Solenoid clicks but nothing. I can let it sit for a few minutes then it goes another 100 or so yards. Almost like batteries are dead and building charges between stops.. charger is working and car has 6 new Trojan batteries all at optimum voltage. I've checked connections and cables but no loose wires etc. Any ideas or help appreciated. Thanks
Curtis Pittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2019, 06:45 PM   #2
Curtis Pittman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1992 DS Speed Erratic

Also noticed today that the white wire from controller to motor terminal gets hot when the cart slows to a stopw
Old 07-03-2019, 10:24 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Is that a 6g cable and might want to replace it in case it has an issue. That cable gets hot I usually find a controller failing.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:12 PM   #4
Curtis Pittman
Not Yet Wild

Repair guy told me bad controller so he sent mine off and had rebuilt. Today he called and said would only run full speed and that I need new solenoid with resistor. However, he also slipped and said it was running fine with his test controller. Sticking solenoid is a sticking solenoid. Should it not cause same issue region controller? Speed should be controlled by Vglide and controller.. not solenoid. I’m thinking I’ve got a parts installer instead of technician.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car