lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2019, 12:43 AM   #1
EvilSpirit1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO Roofs

I picked up a '94 Marathon beater cart cheap - kinda rough shape but the price was right. While collecting parts I grabbed a roof from a cart shop that went out of business. It's probably a Club Car roof, which is no big deal, since I figured I'd be fabbing mounts anyways. So while looking at pics of carts for mounting ideas, I noticed something odd. Why do they mount the roofs "backwards" on EZGO carts? I say backwards because of the hand hold location - at the rear. You could say to help rear passenger entrance, but I'd say that there is only a limited amount of carts that have rear seats, yet all carts have drivers. I would think the hand holds would be better over the front seats. Thoughts?
EvilSpirit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2019, 02:08 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: EZGO Roofs

You mean like this stock ezgo roof, with the handles just above the front seat? I'm not sure I'm catching what you are describing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190918_120539904.jpg (62.3 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:00 AM   #3
EvilSpirit1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

It must have just been the angle of the pics of the carts I pulled up on my phone. Once I got on my computer and could really see the other pics I pulled up, it seems like the majority of the roofs just cover the drivers seat, and the hand holes are right in front of the rear up right. I don't know - it just seemed like the hole is too far back to do much good. I know with my shoulders and their past surgeries that the hand hole location in the cart you show is useless - I lean forward and grab the top of the windshield post to enter/exit my friends Club Car, but then again I'm quite "bulky" and not very flexible.

Maybe I'm the only one that needs the hole farther forward. I can install my roof to fit my needs - wrong or right. Thanks for the pic.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:25 AM   #4
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSpirit1 View Post
It must have just been the angle of the pics of the carts I pulled up on my phone. Once I got on my computer and could really see the other pics I pulled up, it seems like the majority of the roofs just cover the drivers seat, and the hand holes are right in front of the rear up right. I don't know - it just seemed like the hole is too far back to do much good. I know with my shoulders and their past surgeries that the hand hole location in the cart you show is useless - I lean forward and grab the top of the windshield post to enter/exit my friends Club Car, but then again I'm quite "bulky" and not very flexible.

Maybe I'm the only one that needs the hole farther forward. I can install my roof to fit my needs - wrong or right. Thanks for the pic.
Those aren’t used for getting in and out, if that’s what you’re talking about. Most everyone kinda grabs some part of the windshield frame to do that. The handles are for when your buddy had too many at the 19th hole and you don’t want to get tossed out.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 02:37 AM   #5
EvilSpirit1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
Those aren’t used for getting in and out, if that’s what you’re talking about. Most everyone kinda grabs some part of the windshield frame to do that. The handles are for when your buddy had too many at the 19th hole and you don’t want to get tossed out.
I usually just use a ratchet strap to belt them to the seat.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:57 AM   #6
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSpirit1 View Post
I picked up a '94 Marathon beater cart cheap - kinda rough shape but the price was right. While collecting parts I grabbed a roof from a cart shop that went out of business. It's probably a Club Car roof, which is no big deal, since I figured I'd be fabbing mounts anyways. So while looking at pics of carts for mounting ideas, I noticed something odd. Why do they mount the roofs "backwards" on EZGO carts? I say backwards because of the hand hold location - at the rear. You could say to help rear passenger entrance, but I'd say that there is only a limited amount of carts that have rear seats, yet all carts have drivers. I would think the hand holds would be better over the front seats. Thoughts?
Sorry, misread the OP

Last edited by rockfordpi; 09-19-2019 at 04:00 AM.. Reason: Misread
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO