lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2019, 10:53 AM   #1
buddha913
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 Ezgo pds only reverse

I know it’s a common issue and I’ve seen a lot of the posts about it. Thank you to everyone on this site. You guys are awesome.
I changed out the solenoid (I thought that was the likely problem since there was burnt wires on it). It didn’t fix the problem. I switched the cables on F1 and F2 and now the cart only goes for 20 yards at a time before it cuts out.
From what I’ve read it’s likely either the f&r switch on the dash or the controller. Is there a way I can test the switch without destroying the rivets holding the plate in the dash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buddha913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2019, 11:08 AM   #2
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 Ezgo pds only reverse

Just drill out the rivets... it’s about time you had a $5-$20 pop riveter anyways... you can get one at any hardware store... lol
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 11:43 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha913 View Post
I know it’s a common issue and I’ve seen a lot of the posts about it. Thank you to everyone on this site. You guys are awesome.
I changed out the solenoid (I thought that was the likely problem since there was burnt wires on it). It didn’t fix the problem. I switched the cables on F1 and F2 and now the cart only goes for 20 yards at a time before it cuts out.
From what I’ve read it’s likely either the f&r switch on the dash or the controller. Is there a way I can test the switch without destroying the rivets holding the plate in the dash?

Check the voltage the F/R switch is send to the controller at the controller.
Battery pack voltage comes out of controller on J1 Pin-1 to center terminal of F/R switch. In F, the voltage is sent to J1 Pin-3 and in R it is sent top J1 Pin-2.

Attached are diagrams showing voltage paths through a PDS controller and where Pin-1 is on each jack.

-------------
as for running a few yards and stopping, put controller in diagnostic mode and listen for the beeped error codes. The text at the bottom of attached PDS label tells you how to get into diagnostic mode.

----------
If you push the center pin in the two drive rivets that hold the switch panel in place, you can pop them out and reuse them if you can find the pin that was pushed out. Otherwise, sheet-metal screws work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voltage paths through PDS controller.jpg (138.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS Jacks Pin-1 in red.jpg (58.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS Label on Controller Cover.JPG (142.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 11:49 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Push the pins gently and they will fall into the pocket below them if they are plastic. If aluminum they will have to be drilled out. You can also put the cart in tow, unplug the 10 connector and check for continuity between pin 1 and pin 3 for forward and pin 1 and pin 2 for reverse.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 01:53 AM   #5
buddha913
Not Yet Wild

Thank you so much to everyone who responded. I hope you all understand how much your advice is appreciated by myself everyone who will read it in the future.
The problem was a worn wire from the f&r switch that ran underneath the cart. Speed bumps (known as topes here in Mexico) are abundant here.

buddha913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO