lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2019, 08:32 PM   #1
MartinEZGo
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default EzGo TXT PDS issues

Hey guys, I'm stumped. Put a new PQ motor in an 05 TXT and now it's dead. Owner did the initial install and now it's in my shop. Trying to see why this thing's dead. Pack reads 37.9 volts, no click at the solenoid, ITP clicks and gives voltage fluctuation. Pin 4 and 5 both read pack voltage. Im not sure what's keeping this thing from running.
MartinEZGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2019, 08:55 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: EzGo TXT PDS issues

Check for pack volts on the red/white coming out of the back of the charge port. small wire. Was there any sparks when installing the motor?. Did the cart get put in Tow before the motor was changed? Check to see if you have pack volts + pos and - Ned on the two small post on the solenoid. In forward or reverse with the pedal pushed. LIFT the rear wheels off the ground before testing
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:10 PM   #3
MartinEZGo
Getting Wild

Club Car

The red wire from the charge port reads pack voltage. Im not sure about the spark or tow switch though, as they did the swap in their garage. Both small wires, blue and yellow, both read pack volts as well
Old 10-16-2019, 09:36 PM   #4
rib33024

The PDS controller supplies both B+ (yellow wire) and B- (blue wire) to the solenoid coil.

You have to have Run/Tow in Run, Keyswitch On and F/R in either F or R to get B+ to solenoid coil. Then when you push the pedal, the pedal switch supplies battery pack voltage to J4 Pin-1 telling the controller to connect B- to the blue wire, energizing the solenoid.

------------
verify you have battery pack voltage (38.2V when fully charged) on all the pins highlighted in red on the attached schematic. Also attached is a picture of a PDS controller with Pin-1 highlighted on all of the jacks.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1649214
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:47 AM   #5
MartinEZGo
Getting Wild

Club Car

I'll confirm power tonight. Thanks Rib.

J4 is working correctly, from what I can tell. I get the varying voltage depending on pedal location.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:19 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEZGo View Post
The red wire from the charge port reads pack voltage. Im not sure about the spark or tow switch though, as they did the swap in their garage. Both small wires, blue and yellow, both read pack volts as well
The highlighted statement above eliminates in the solenoid activation circuitry except the pedal switch, the controller and the connecting wires and plugs.

B+ on the yellow wire is feeding through the solenoid coil to the blue wire, and all that is needed to activate the solenoid is for the controller to put B- on J1 Pin-6.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voltage paths through PDS controller.jpg (138.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:36 AM   #7
MartinEZGo
Getting Wild

Club Car

I'm thinking the same. I'll check for voltage at the marked spots above as well. If the speed sensor underneath is sending a reading back at its controller plug, does that eliminate it as the issue?
Old 10-17-2019, 10:43 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEZGo View Post
I'm thinking the same. I'll check for voltage at the marked spots above as well. If the speed sensor underneath is sending a reading back at its controller plug, does that eliminate it as the issue?
Speed sensor is not need to get cart to run, it just keeps it from running at full speed.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:55 PM   #9
MartinEZGo
Getting Wild

Club Car

Then it looks and sounds like the controller is my issue
Old 10-17-2019, 01:47 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Could be a bad pedal switch.

Verify you get B+ on J4 Pin-1 when pedal is pushed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO