lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2020, 03:18 PM   #1
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Kill switch options for 2020 RXV Freedom Elite

So Mom's got a new cart and needs to make sure someone else doesn't drive it away. I am already planning to install a uncommon key switch but I would still like to install a kill switch to completely shut down the cart.

Also, does anyone know where to get key blanks for the uncommon key switch? I already know that she's going to go through those like chicklets.

I know about the RXV 5v bus and have no intention of messing with that wiring, so I am still for any other options.

One thought was to just install a 48v solenoid on the output of the B+ with a hidden switch...

Would this cause any system or warranty issues for her?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2020, 05:44 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Kill switch options for 2020 RXV Freedom Elite

Interrupt the blue wire at the charge port. That will make the controller think the charger is connected, will prevent driving & prevent unlocking the brake with the tow/run switch. You would have to go try the hardware store, or locksmith for key blanks. Ezgo doesnt sell replacement keys for unique switches or blanks as far as I know. It does share the same design as regular txt & rxv keys, just different cut pattern.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 05:57 PM   #3
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Kill switch options for 2020 RXV Freedom Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Interrupt the blue wire at the charge port. That will make the controller think the charger is connected, will prevent driving & prevent unlocking the brake with the tow/run switch. You would have to go try the hardware store, or locksmith for key blanks. Ezgo doesnt sell replacement keys for unique switches or blanks as far as I know. It does share the same design as regular txt & rxv keys, just different cut pattern.
Just what I needed!

Much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO