lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-29-2020, 02:51 PM   #1
95mmrenegade
Not Yet Wild

Default Any solid options for more torque

I have a 19 RXV Elite and has been a solid cart. I am trying to see if there is any way to add more torque for climbing hills and towing stuff. Cart is used for work, hauling trash cans and towing stuff. If the speed reduced it would be ok. Can I get a new gear( factory is 16.99:1¿ or maybe a higher torque motor?
95mmrenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-29-2020, 04:17 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Any solid options for more torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95mmrenegade View Post
I have a 19 RXV Elite and has been a solid cart. I am trying to see if there is any way to add more torque for climbing hills and towing stuff. Cart is used for work, hauling trash cans and towing stuff. If the speed reduced it would be ok. Can I get a new gear( factory is 16.99:1¿ or maybe a higher torque motor?
Reprogramming it can give you 28% more torque and higher speed. It must be done in person however, cannot offer the via mail reprogramming. Where are you located?
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 04:53 PM   #3
95mmrenegade
Not Yet Wild

Buford
Old 02-29-2020, 04:55 PM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

GA?
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 04:56 PM   #5
95mmrenegade
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
GA?
Sorry yes. About 40 minutes inside the ga sc line near Chateau Elan

The dealer did something with top speed, is this something my local dealer can handle or something I can buy?
Old 02-29-2020, 06:35 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95mmrenegade View Post
Sorry yes. About 40 minutes inside the ga sc line near Chateau Elan

The dealer did something with top speed, is this something my local dealer can handle or something I can buy?
The dealer cannot turn up the torque, or the top speed above a certain point. They just don't have a programmer that is capable of access to the higher level functions.

I've been to that area within the last year. The dealer probably turned up the speed in the active profile. As long as that is all the dealer did, that would be OK. It's not a good idea to let dealers mess around in those lithium cart controllers. They are so new that dealers don't know them well. They can corrupt the controller and mess up the delicate balance between the controller and its interface with the BMS that manages the lithium battery pack. I've seen that in a few Elites in recent months.

Jeff (usgicollector) can take your information so we can schedule you for a trip. You're not that far from me, compared to most of my trips.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 09:25 AM   #7
I_HAV2_POOP
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

@bobboyce @usgicollector a friend of mine @smock84 is looking to getting his cart programmed by you. Can yall hit him up he is new to the community
I_HAV2_POOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 09:27 AM   #8
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_HAV2_POOP View Post
@bobboyce @usgicollector a friend of mine @smock84 is looking to getting his cart programmed by you. Can yall hit him up he is new to the community
He needs one more post then he can pm. He'll have to pm me because Bob doesn't do pms.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO