lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2020, 05:33 PM   #1
Zricky
Not Yet Wild

Default 36V wiring help Ignition and Direction switch

Im trying to figure out the wire schematics for my cart. Im not sure which wire goes to what. Such as which wire goes to the ignition, the direction switch, battery meter, etc. My cart has lights and looks like there are two sets of wires,

Set 1: has 7 wires (orange, grey, green, white, white w/yellow stripe, red, green w/ black stripe) and goes to the controller

Set 2 has 3 blk wires, 2 green wires, 2 red wires

Thanks.
Zricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2020, 09:47 AM   #2
Zricky
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 36V wiring help Ignition and Direction switch

Its a TXT model with lights. Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.
Old 07-04-2020, 10:25 AM   #3
cdressel
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

It would be best if you could offer more information about the cart. Year would be important as well as verifying it's a PDS controller. It looks like it is but it would be nice to know for sure.

It appears the lights are not necessarily from the factory. Do they have a separate switch or do they operate off the key switch? If there's a separate switch, is it located on the plate with the key switch?

What devices are included on the plate that holds the key switch? For example, is there a battery charge gauge/meter beside the direction switch? How many terminals are on the key switch?

Questions, questions.

I have a 2000 PDS and my wiring doesn't match your photos very closely.

Chuck
cdressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 10:43 AM   #4
cdressel
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

As I said previously, my cart is a 2000 PDS. This is the stock wiring behind the key switch plate:
RED from Controller J1, Pin 5 goes to Reverse Beeper (either side)
GRN/BLK from J1, Pin 10 goes to Reverse Beeper (either side)
GRN from J1, Pin 3 goes to Direction Switch (Fwd)
ORN from J1, Pin 2 goes to Direction Switch (Rev)
ORN/RED from J1, Pin 1 goes to Direction Switch (Common)
WHT/YEL from J1, Pin 8 goes to Key Switch (Negative)
WHT from J1, Pin 9 goes to Key Switch (Positive)

I would guess the other wires shown have something to do with the light kit installed on the cart and will have to be traced individually.

Hope this helps a little. Good luck.

Chuck
cdressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 01:33 PM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A 3 position key switch is a good indication of factory installed lights. OFF, ON, ON WITH LIGHTS. Another indication is a fuse block under the seat on the drivers side rear wheel splash guard. In this case the key switch would have 4 poles. 2 for pack voltage (36v most likely) and 2 for 12v with the 12v source coming from the center rear and passenger rear batteries. There would not be a separate switch for the lights. If you have this configuration, the wiring diagram for the accessory circuit is in the stickys.
Otherwise the lights are aftermarket and no telling how they are wired without tracing them.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 02:20 PM   #6
Zricky
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for your responses, Ill take a look. Im not sure of year, but its pretty old, the sn on the side of the dash has completely disappeared. I picked it up on the used market to make into one of those lifted models.

Tags
fwd, ignition, rev
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO