lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2020, 03:47 PM   #1
dreed55
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZGO moving very slow

Saturday evening my cart was caught outside in a crazy rain storm and now only runs about half speed. I was on the way home from my buddies house after the rain and the cart was running fine. I get about half a mile down the road and the cart jumps a few times and then dies completely. My buddy came to tow me in his gas cart while the neighbors laughed and I hung my head in shame. I was able to get the cart moving Saturday night by using my blower and drying all the water I could find. The cart does run but now it is very slow. I do want to mention that I have a Alltrax SR controller and Saturday when the cart quit there was an error code that said high voltage under range. I do not get any error codes now and the cart moves but very slow. Does anyone have any tips to start looking at? Thanks in advance for any help!
dreed55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2020, 05:55 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: EZGO moving very slow

Plug in your laptop. The controller can tell you a lot more than our guesses.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:32 PM   #3
dreed55
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Plug in your laptop. The controller can tell you a lot more than our guesses.
I plugged in the controller to the computer tonight and although I am not very familiar with the alltrax program it did not show anything that wasn’t normal. I tried to look up errors codes but wasn’t able to because I am not getting any now? I’m not sure only used the alltrax program one other time.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:52 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Does it show 100% throttle when at full throttle?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 07:55 AM   #5
dreed55
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Does it show 100% throttle when at full throttle?
Plugged it in this morning and monitored the gauges. Throttle is only getting up to 58% when the pedal is fully to the floor.
Old 07-28-2020, 08:02 AM   #6
dreed55
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Micro switch on the throttle possibly go bad?
Old 07-28-2020, 11:43 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreed55 View Post
Micro switch on the throttle possibly go bad?
The pedal switch just tells the controller to energize the solenoid.
The ITS sensor, which is also in the pedal box, tells the controller how many amps the motor is allowed to draw.

The ITS sensor may have gotten wet and misbehaving, or the in-line connector between the gray cable from the pedal box to the wiring harness may have gotten wet.

Many people eliminate the in-line connector with individual solder joints or butt-splices waterproofed with marine grade shrink tubing.

The ITS sensor was filled with potting compound to waterproof it, but the compound shrinks as it ages and hairline cracks form, so moisture can get to the electronics. See attachment.

The voltage between the black and white throttle wires should be 10V when solenoid click and 6V with pedal on floor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0143.jpg (274.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 12:41 PM   #8
dreed55
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The pedal switch just tells the controller to energize the solenoid.
The ITS sensor, which is also in the pedal box, tells the controller how many amps the motor is allowed to draw.

The ITS sensor may have gotten wet and misbehaving, or the in-line connector between the gray cable from the pedal box to the wiring harness may have gotten wet.

Many people eliminate the in-line connector with individual solder joints or butt-splices waterproofed with marine grade shrink tubing.

The ITS sensor was filled with potting compound to waterproof it, but the compound shrinks as it ages and hairline cracks form, so moisture can get to the electronics. See attachment.

The voltage between the black and white throttle wires should be 10V when solenoid click and 6V with pedal on floor.

Thanks for the reply JohnnieB. I just tested the wires with my meter. With the pedal just pressed to here solenoid click I get 10V. With the pedal to the floor I am also getting 10V.
Old 07-28-2020, 06:40 PM   #9
dreed55
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Should I get a new IPS throttle or re-wire?
Old 07-28-2020, 07:28 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreed55 View Post
Should I get a new IPS throttle or re-wire?
I'd do both.

You can get the ITS senor on-line for about $25 and that in-line connector is a very common source of weird problems.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO