lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2020, 11:15 AM   #1
IndyNick
Not Yet Wild

Default Rebuilding a txt cart. Motor and controller options please.

I got a 07 TXT cart in need of a full restoration. No batteries, or controller. I plan on sending the motor off to either Plum quick or Flight Systems for a rebuild. Trying to decide on a motor controller and batteries for that matter. Stock its a 36v series cart. If I'm buying batteries I'm assuming I should just jump to 48v. I like the idea of the NAvitas controller with the on the fly controller but I'm completely open to suggestions as far as brands and amperage. Thanks!!!
IndyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2020, 11:21 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rebuilding a txt cart. Motor and controller options please.

I'm not a fan of spending more than 1/2 the cost of a new purpose built higher hp motor on a refresh, even with a tweak it's still the stock 2.5 hp motor when for less than $400 you could have a new 8 hp Admiral motor.

10 reasons why you should make Alltrax your next controller here > https://www.cartsunlimited.net/about...ntrollers.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:24 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If it were me I would make the jump to 48v and make it a sepex cart. Would need a motor as well but that isn’t that much more than sending it to plum quick for a rebuild. Either build your own harness or buy a PDS or 48txt harness.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 02:59 PM   #4
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

And go with lithium
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:57 AM   #5
IndyNick
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
If it were me I would make the jump to 48v and make it a sepex cart. Would need a motor as well but that isn’t that much more than sending it to plum quick for a rebuild. Either build your own harness or buy a PDS or 48txt harness.
Any particular reason moving to a sepex? Also where could i find info on building the harness for it? Thanks!
IndyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:41 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Newer sepex motors have nearly the same torque as the old series motors plus you would get rid of the manual fnr switch. Less pieces to have issues with. I have seen PDS plug kits that include the pins plus plugs. Those would plug directly into an Alltrax xct500 controller.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO