lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
Nudiver
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 350 Carb

Motor had a little hesitation when I would start moving so decided to pull carb and clean. It was dirty on the intake side but all of the jets were clear. Bowl clean. Ran a tip cleaner thru all jets anyhow just in case. Needle seat appeared in good shape with no groove or marks. Reassembled and now have alot of hesitation although it will rev up to full throttle. Figures. New gaskets. Compression is 88. Hours unknown.
Nudiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
yamahag9er
Fry's Golf Carts

Club Car

Default Re: 350 Carb

88 lbs of compression is really low. That is not helping things.
yamahag9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:42 PM   #3
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

88 is like running a marathon on a hangover!! Ya just can't do it. It is time for a rebuild!
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:47 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Compression check with fresh battery and Valves adjusted properly....Throttle held Wide open
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:54 PM   #5
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What year CC do you have? Some of the 350's have sort of a compression release built into them and getting a proper compression reading is near impossible - FYI...

If a carb cleaning is all you did - I would do it again and make sure everything is put back together correctly

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:30 AM   #6
Nudiver
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Model year is a 2000 Carryall 272. No way I could rebuild it alone. Have not ever been into an engine past the heads and intakes (cars) nor have I ever seen it done. No specialty tools either. Looks like I will be looking for a small engine man. Will take another look at the carb today.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:36 AM   #7
Nudiver
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

If I did do a rebuild, would you replace the carb with a new one?
Old 02-13-2010, 08:18 AM   #8
Lightninlarry
Gone Wild
Club Car

I would clean carb again for sure and redo your compression check as scottyb said! Engine rebuild is not hard to do.There is not alot to them! All the info you need to do this is here on these forums. Tolerances and specs! Only special tools you would need is a clutch puller,micrometer and torque wrench! Let me know if i can help
Lightninlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:35 AM   #9
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

mike was talking about the scr valve if i rember right. there should be a sticker on the top of the cart as you look at it to say no acr or something of that sort. at least that is what i was told. if im wrong, then i appoligize. the 350 has hydro lifters, so adjusting the valves is simple. you have to work with the tappets, or hyrdo lifters. pull the head, rockers and rods, then pull the rockers and make sure all is god. all you will need here is a head gasket. then its good time to scrape some carbon!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:47 AM   #10
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

i agee with mike, pull the carb, go through it slowly with a tear down, reaseal with new gaskets. go ahead a replace the plug with a new ngk bpr35 if i remember right, you can use the bp35 plug as a non restor plug. i know the part numbers arent correct, i am missing a number on it. ill get that for you. gap it at .30. replace the fuel filters, also pull the fuel pump off and give it a good cleaning. ppull the 4 screws off after you mark the side so you know how it will go backtogether. i had a horrible amount of bulid up on 2 of my flaps. gave it a little tlc. also check or for a couple of bucks replace the pulse line from the case to the fuel pump. its the line from the engine case to the fule pump. with about 10dollars, for the ruffly 2 ft of 1/4 line, the 3 dollars for the fuel filter and the4 bucks for the plug, ruffly 6 bucks for 2 cans of god carb and choke i think it will get you going. if you havent given it feresh oil and filter of a quailty oil, and proper grade, 10w30 is ok, you should see a diffence. dirty oil in some engines causes hell, or plays games with you! and i would imagine you have a good, or clean airfilter for it too?
oh try this out if you think your intake gaskets are bad, get the thing running and hold it at a low rpm, spray carb cleaner on the intake area, if it revs up our speeds up, you got bad gaskets. 2 to 3 bucks a peice too. good way to check them.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car