lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #31
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1997 EZ-GO TXT DCS cart no go!

You already have 2 varying opinions from 2 good techs. You have a resistor board on the way~should be there tomorrow. If that doesn't fix it Rabbit & I would like to see some re testing on the ITS output. If that checks out I say you have a controller failure.... If it does fix it I owe Rabbit a very large bag of carrots
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2010, 08:34 PM   #32
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pymoo View Post
I'm beginning to hate DCS carts too, ha ha.

The wiring harness between the molex connector and pedal box tests OK (no short). However, on the controller side of connector, both the green and red wires both show a short to the frame. Does this mean I have a controller issue?

IF I need a new controller ($$$!), what would you recommend (stock, stock rebuild, Alltrax, etc.), and from where? Thanks!
First, disconnect the 10 pin connector from the controller CAREFULLY. Try not to move the wire loom any more than ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED TO UNPLUG IT. retest for continuity between the red and green wire and the frame. Then, Tear apart the loom between the molex connector and the 10 pin connector on the controller. HOPEFULLY, there is a bare spot in the wiring somewhere. If not, then yeah, you have a bad controller and are gonna need a new one. At this point you will have 2 choices. Either replace the controller with a DCX400 from alltrax or rebuild the cart into a series model. Personally I would rebuild the cart into a series cart, but you are gonna spend quite a bit to do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You already have 2 varying opinions from 2 good techs. You have a resistor board on the way~should be there tomorrow. If that doesn't fix it Rabbit & I would like to see some re testing on the ITS output. If that checks out I say you have a controller failure.... If it does fix it I owe Rabbit a very large bag of carrots
He PM'd me and the resistor didn't solve it. After I had the chance to look over his numbers with a manual in hand, I realized that the resistor wasn't gonna solve it. I am almost betting that the ITS is fine and the controller is shot at this point.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #33
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Update.... Ignore previous post Scotty, we have 2 DCS carts that we are working on..... The one you sent the diode board to is the other one lmao.....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:21 PM   #34
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
Update.... Ignore previous post Scotty, we have 2 DCS carts that we are working on..... The one you sent the diode board to is the other one lmao.....
Oh my gosh ~ I just saw that ........
Old 09-26-2010, 08:39 AM   #35
pymoo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi all! Just to close the loop on this thread, when I finally removed the stock controller after trouble shooting everything else and finding all the odd symptoms, the controller box sounded like it was full of loose marbles. I replaced the controller (Alltrax DCX400), solenoid, resistor, diode and all the cables for good measure and am now back on the road again. Interestingly, the cart is a bit slower in reverse with the Alltrax (which doesn't matter), but it has better torque off the line, which is a plus.

I appreciate everyone's help in troubleshooting!
pymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:15 AM   #36
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thanks for wrapping this thread up.... that may help somebody searching for DCS help in the future.... Glad you are up and running the Alltrax has a 1/2 power reverse option...... you can reprogram it if you want.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:48 PM   #37
Golfcartmangreen
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

why would a solenoid stay engaged all the time? as soon as i turn key switch on , its engaged, is not pedal box micro switch because i checked it and changed it out for a new one, same problem, by the way this is an ezgo DCS
Golfcartmangreen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:00 PM   #38
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfcartmangreen View Post
why would a solenoid stay engaged all the time? as soon as i turn key switch on , its engaged, is not pedal box micro switch because i checked it and changed it out for a new one, same problem, by the way this is an ezgo DCS
It is always best to start a new thread rather than reopening nine year old one.

However, the anwser is a short one: The blue wire on the solenoid has B- on it, probably a bad controller.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO