lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
Steveo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Troubleshooting

2004 Ezgo PDS. Started running the diagnostics from the sticky above. Found on the first test my battery was 37.9v. the second test to the battery side of the solenoid had 37.9v. the third test to the controller side of the solenoid had 0.5v. It says replace resistor. Were is the rsistor? Reason for checking is useing a lot of battery power and speed will very on its own.
Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: Troubleshooting

The resistor is located under the solenoid. It goes b/t the B+ terminal and Controller terminal of the solenoid.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
The resistor is located under the solenoid. It goes b/t the B+ terminal and Controller terminal of the solenoid.
Or between the 2 large terminals of the solenoid = same thing.
It is a 250 ohm resistor
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
Steveo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Maybe I posted my reply the wrong way. I found out how to put it here. After using the diagnosis page from above it looks like my trottle sensor is bad. The cart runs find other than slowing down and speeding up and seeming to use a lot of battery power. Does that seem like the problem and if so wer is the best place to get one? This is much better than bringing it to yhe shop. It just came out the shop for this problem and cost $200.00...Thanks for the help.
Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

so are you saying you paid a shop 200.00 for this problem and got your cart and have the same problem?? if so back to the shop with it cause if thats the case they sure didn,t fix it and i for one would damm well let them know.....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
Maybe I posted my reply the wrong way. I found out how to put it here. After using the diagnosis page from above it looks like my trottle sensor is bad. The cart runs find other than slowing down and speeding up and seeming to use a lot of battery power. Does that seem like the problem and if so wer is the best place to get one? This is much better than bringing it to yhe shop. It just came out the shop for this problem and cost $200.00...Thanks for the help.
sounds like the speed sensor magnet is loose. remove the speed sensor and check the magnet behind it. It takes a torx driver to tighten the bolt that holds the magnet in place.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO