lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2010, 07:15 AM   #1
Kydog
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Took buggie on maiden deer hunt!

hunting buggie.jpg

I took the buggie for it's maiden deer hunting trip everything went pretty good, had a few issue's but nothing major.The buggie performed flawless in the woods and on the logging roads here in central Kentucky. On the road we take to where we hunt is a couple miles from deer camp and there a pretty good hill that goes down over a creek, going downhill it would reach about 35 mph but going up just killed the speed, it would drop to 8 to 10 mph, does this sound normal. I'm running the GE D1162, altrax 500 dcx,1ga cables on 23" tires with 36 volts. Also the digital charge would go down but after a charge it would not move up any on the bar scale. I checked the batteries before I left and were reading 38.5 volts after charger turned off,But it take all night for charger to kick off,I thought it would only take 4 to 6 hrs for a charge. I'm wondering if I have an issue with batteries or charger. The only way I could get the SOC meter to reset was to disconnect the wires. And help would be appreciated.

Thanks David
Kydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
Q2arrowhunter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Took buggie on maiden deer hunt!

Nice buggy. While mine is rigged for torque (GE Beast motor) it does the same. Slows when climbing but that is to be expected. My brother in law hooked his honda forman 400 4x4 4 wheeler to the back of my cart and I pulled him. A tug of war - so i know the motor has kick.

Got mine rigged so i can also use it as a stand

To answer you I would say yes this is normal especially if you have a motor geared for speed. Everything I have read is that with electric you get speed or you get torque, not both
Q2arrowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO