lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2010, 11:05 PM   #21
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Speed Chip on 6 passenger Limo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwayaustx View Post
Keyword here being 275 amp controller and by loaded he meant with weight and he is correct, might last longer than five minutes but not much.
Thanks for the info. Would it last longer than five minutes on a 300 amp controller?
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2010, 11:36 PM   #22
dougmcp
Gone Wild

All PDS carts generally have a 300 amp controller, 275a on the series carts.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:40 PM   #23
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i can put a pds in thermal mode very easily.Just the weight of 6 people will do it in under 5 minutes. it wouldnt last in a shuttle. i have codes and paswords the internet is a wonderful thing. I know what personality plugs are. thats the only way to change the speed of a pds. curtis handheld will change the speed of that shuttle.
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:45 PM   #24
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
i can put a pds in thermal mode very easily.Just the weight of 6 people will do it in under 5 minutes. it wouldnt last in a shuttle. i have codes and paswords the internet is a wonderful thing. I know what personality plugs are. thats the only way to change the speed of a pds. curtis handheld will change the speed of that shuttle.
Okay. If you are going to change the speed on the controller, then the motor will be drawing more current right? (<<<is this correct?) If this is true, then wouldn't the controller be even more strained trying to pull more amperage plus all that weight?

Oh and Marathon Man, do you mind me asking where you got those codes? I think they would be useful to have.
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:15 PM   #25
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
All PDS carts generally have a 300 amp controller, 275a on the series carts.
you are absolutely correct. ALL PDS txt model carts come equipped with a 300 amp controller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
gee...... $5 for a personality plug or how many hundreds of dollars for the handheld programmer? Plus you have to locate the mythical codes and passwords to actually access that particular controller. Not saying that it isn't possible for you to have them, but they aren't exactly all that easy to locate.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO