lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2011, 12:07 PM   #1
Barry Weeks
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Rear end

I have a G19E with an Allsports lift and 22" tires. Even before lifting, I sometimes had a rear end noise that sounded like a horse trotting down the road while at normal throttle. Not under coasing or acceleration. Now the nosie is all the time with the above same conditions and it is driving me fricking crazy. I have checked rear end oil, replaced axle bearings, driver side axle and hub, swapped hubs form each side to see if there was a change and tried to look for anything odd. But still the same noise. Can anyone offer any kind of help with this problem??? I would really be thankful!!!
Barry Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
Universal_Mechanic
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Rear end

The 19 had a new style carrier in the rear in which the pin would fall out. There's no roll-pin to hold it, its pressed in. When they start to come out, they can cause all kinds of damage ....I just went thru fixing a rear where the pin chewed up some gears because it was hitting... 3 hour oily messy job...

Do yourself a favor and drop the rear cover and make sure the pin is not starting to come loose. If it falls out, it will damage the lower reduction gear. Even if I'm barking up the wrong tree here, it is still good to pull the cover and inspect things. You'll need rtv silicon sealer, a razor blade, and some brakleen to put the cover back on properly.
Universal_Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
housej55
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Barry, keep us posted if you will. I have a G19 Also and would like to PM you when I can (new user). I don't hear any sounds in my rear but will take note of this. Any pics of your cart with the lift?
housej55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:37 AM   #4
Barry Weeks
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the suggestion as to what might be the "noise maker". I have been out of town and I will check out the rear end this week and let you know what I find. I will try and attach some pictures as well. Thanks again.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
Barry Weeks
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Question Re: Rear end

Universal_Mechanic, thanks for the advice. I did drop the cover and the pin was intact. I was able to move it very slightly but it was in place. I did notice the driver side axle spline was very close to the pin as the other side was well back from the pin. Would that mean anything? Do you have other suggestions before I replace the oil and cover? Thanks again
Old 07-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #6
Barry Weeks
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Does anyone think this could be lug studs or a suspension part? I have checked these but found nothing lose?

Tags
rear end noise
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha