lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Controller / Solenoid Overheating

I am not sure which one it is. Either my contoller or Solenoid is overheating I believe. I live down south where it is 100 - 105 heat index. If i ride my cart around for say 5 - 10 minutes and I stop completely. When I press the accellerator down nothing happens. I opened the seat and feel the Controller and the solenoid are both pretty hot. I have the Logisystems 480 controller with the 48 volt H/D solenoid. Does this happen to anyone else? After a couple of minutes of cooling and fanning the carts continues like nothing happened. Is there a possibility that a wire is not in the correct place. I haven't had this problem before. I finished building the cart January and everyhting worked well. Now it overheats after just a few minutes. As long as the accelerator is depressed and the contact is made the cart will go, but if you stop and then try to go again it has to cool before it will activate the solenoid. Is there a fix for this. I was thinking about installing a small electric fan. Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way the cart is a 95 medalist converted to 48 volts.

Thanks,
David J.
oletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2011, 11:36 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Controller / Solenoid Overheating

A fan would definitely help but, it would be good if you could figure out if it is the solenoid or control... Does the solenoid click when it won't go? if not can you figure out if the activation circuit is missing the positive or the negative feed?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Scottyb, The solenoid will click once. If you let the pedal up and press it down again there is no click. I am not sure what you are talking about with the activation circuit missing the positive or negative feed. Can you break it down for me?

Thanks
Old 07-08-2011, 12:30 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The 2 small posts on the solenoid are the activation (clicking) circuit.
It takes a positive to 1 and a negative to the other to activate the solenoid.
The negative comes from the controller B- and the positive from the peddle box micro switch.

I'm wondering if they are both present and the solenoid is failing or the positive or the negative feeds are failing
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:02 AM   #5
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well I am offshore right now, but I will check that when I get home. I appreciate your help and I will let you know what I determine.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO