lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2011, 09:21 AM   #1
frmrliny@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Default 96 ez go/

i have a 95 ez go 36 volt. i am having a hard time getting the cart to go f/r.. i had to replace the controller..i have tried 3 different ones.. this cart had the 4 post controler and when ez go gave me a new /used one it had only 3 .. i did what they told me to do with the A/2 wire and i am still having no luck.. oh yeah the ITS had to be replaced also .ANY SUGGESTIONS OF WHAT ELSE the problem might be...... i am getting power to every thing ... batteries arent the best yet they are good enough to have the cart run...thx so much
frmrliny@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 96 ez go/

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmrliny@yahoo.com View Post
i have a 95 ez go 36 volt. i am having a hard time getting the cart to go f/r.. i had to replace the controller..i have tried 3 different ones.. this cart had the 4 post controler and when ez go gave me a new /used one it had only 3 .. i did what they told me to do with the A/2 wire and i am still having no luck.. oh yeah the ITS had to be replaced also .ANY SUGGESTIONS OF WHAT ELSE the problem might be...... i am getting power to every thing ... batteries arent the best yet they are good enough to have the cart run...thx so much
Connect the DVM to the battery pack. What is the standing voltage? What is the voltage dropping to when you try to go?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
frmrliny@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

dumb question ... u are wanting me to check the overall voltage of the 6 pack of batteries? dvm= my voltage meter??
Old 07-30-2011, 09:46 AM   #4
frmrliny@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

my start is 38.4------ when i press o the pedal goes down to 30.6
Old 07-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

DVM = digital voltmeter. All the batteries are connected in series. There are only 2 battery cables that DO NOT go to another battery. They are located on the passenger side of the cart. Tape or otherwise attach the DVM to these 2 terminals.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:57 AM   #6
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If the overall voltage is dropping to 30.6 you have 1 or more bad batteries in there and the cart will not run. Test each individual battery until you find which ones are causing the voltage drop.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:06 AM   #7
frmrliny@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

thx so much i totally forgot that a low volyage battery would do that.. i have been so frustrated over this cart.. i was hoping not to have to play with batteries .. will get the battery handled
Old 07-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #8
frmrliny@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

would one or more of those bad batteries caause the m- wire to get hot??
Old 07-30-2011, 10:23 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It might. You can not do any testing without a good pack. Trying to run with low voltage can do damage to the controller. Concentrate on getting a good battery pack before proceeding with controller tests
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO