lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
gary4jan
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default 2006 Columbia 48 volt

Our 2006 48 voltsurges when you first start using it. After it is warmed up it runs great. Jerking when you depress the pedal. Could this be the Pot Box?
gary4jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
Irishjoker
Tay-maha or Yama-dunn
Taylor-Dunn

Default Re: 2006 Columbia 48 volt

Welcome to BGW and hello from Indiana. Hang tight & someone more qualified will answer. Good people here!!
Irishjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

could be the pot box. you could easily measure the impedance on the pot (do it when cold) at the white and black wire connected to it under the hood. It should go from 0-5K ohms nice and smooth, without erratic jumping.

If it does, you could also have an issue with motor brushes sticking and a quick clean out may help, or it could be a controller issue. We'll hope it's one of the first two.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
gary4jan
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

I have checked the pot box and it appears ok. Has anyone else ever heard of this issue? Maybe dirty brushes. How do you go about cleanning them?
Old 10-09-2012, 11:43 AM   #5
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Disconnect battery pack. Disconnect motor cables at motor. Remove motor from vehicle. Remove center cap at end of motor and press out armature. Then remove the brush end. You will see all four brushes mounted into a brush card. They should all move freely in and out. To clean you would most easily take out the brush card, slide the spring clips off the brushes and then clean the brushes and the holders. Don't lubricate or use anything that would remain and ignite. Then reassemble and hook it back up. Takes me about an hour. Just be safe, disconnect batteries and use jack stands if working from under the vehicle.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
gary4jan
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Before i go into that i have charged the batterys to a complete charge. The cart continues to jerk but not as much. It runs great after a short distance . It does not take as long to stop jerking. I wonder could it be something in the batteries or the charging system?
Old 10-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

not charging. You could certainly recheck each battery connection and the connections at the motor cables and controllers. Also check the 16 pin connection into the controller to make sure it's clean and tight. FYI, you're overdue for a brush check anyway.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #8
gary4jan
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

In checking my paperwork about my cart i see that the Default Charge Algorithm was checked and possibly changed. Wouldthis have an effect on the cart??
Old 10-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #9
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Not the jerking symptom. Would either undercharge and would have no range or overcharge and the batteries would gas badly while charging.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:15 PM   #10
gary4jan
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Looking for information on the Algorithm for a Delta Q 912 4800 for 8 6 volt Excide GC 110 and how to change it if required . Thanks

Tags
erractic running
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar