lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
Laser
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default rear seat suggestions

If I'm interested in having a rear seat on a 2007 CC Precedent for just a few days, has anyone seen or come up with a temporary solution? I don't want to invest in a rear flip seat that is permanently installed unless I have to.

Even then I need to see what the ground clearance is for the foot rest. I'd have to back my cart onto my trailer because a seat kit would be in the way of the flip up ramp on the trailer. Backing in might do the job if the foot rest will clear the rail around the trailer.

Any ideas are appreciated. Otherwise the third guy will be standing in the bagwell, hanging on for dear life.
Laser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
Clemsonprecedent
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: rear seat suggestions

Do you have a lift kit? The reason I ask is because I have a magic jax seat kit on my precedent that is lifted and my rear foot rest is pretty high. I would give you a measurement but my cart is out of town right now, but I would say its around 18-20 inches off the ground. I back my cart on the trailer and it clears the rail on the trailer by a long shot. Again though I have a 6 inch lift with 23" tires and HD leaf springs.

No suggestions for a temporary rear seat but hope this helps with your trailer questions.
Clemsonprecedent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:53 AM   #3
ripdis85
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have the Allsports rear seat kit along with their 6in lift kit and I haven't had any problems with clearance..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cartkp.jpg (136.7 KB, 0 views)
ripdis85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:14 AM   #4
aviator160
Getting Wild
Club Car

I recently bought a 2006 CC Precedent that had a seat kit installed made specifically for the Precedent. The cart right now is stock tires and suspension and it measures Tread plate has 14" 1/4" clearance from the garage floor. This does not have the grab handle, I found the manufacture of the rear flip seat to be Steeleng.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Club-Car-Pre...item337c3504b9
This is the ebay add for the seat and light kit that was put on the Precedent we bought. They have a better version of this as well. This is the economy version.
This seat kit allows you to install it to the existing structural accessory module with the removal of Bag Hoop. It attaches where the bag hoop attached.
This does work on my tilt trailer with the clearance over the railing when I back it on the trailer. This allows me to get more of the weight on the front of the trailer. Hope this was helpful.

Dan
aviator160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
Laser
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks to all for the info and measurements. I've been seeing a lot of ads for Steeleng rear seats and will probably give them a try.
Laser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Otherwise the third guy will be standing in the bagwell, hanging on for dear life.

Isn't that what those straps are for ?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car