lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #11
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New EZGO Series TXT Project

I would think so too, but the man I bought it from was pushing 60 years old, lived in a very nice subdivision, and had his brand new custom cart sitting right beside this one. I didn't question him about the charger though.
Bmatlock00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2013, 05:52 AM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Is it possible that by 2004, the charger was a solid state charger and just died?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It is possible the old man just gave you one heck of a deal ~ or he's part of a big golf cart theft ring
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you have doubts, go get a bill of sale. At least it covers you.

As for the sale, he may have just wanted it gone.. Saw a cart sell last weekend for 1700 and it was an 08 MPT800 with new batteries, brush guard, ST cowl with lights.. I missed it by 5 minutes... Guy's wife said don't bring it home..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Here's a Bill of Sale I use for anything I buy or sell.

I believe I got it from Quicken Lawyer for Georgia. I'm sure there are plenty of other state specific ones on the Internet.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Bill of Sale.doc (25.0 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #16
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I was able to charge the batteries one by one and get them up enough to charge them as a pack, charged all night and pressed the pedal this morning and it runs! It is still gonna need new batteries, but at least I know there are no other problems. Looks like my first purchase will be batteries and a complete cable set, then I have a decision to make- Keep it and enjoy my super deal on the cart and upgrade more or sell it for a nice profit.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You got a once in a lifetime deal... Keep it, you will enjoy it longer than a few bills.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #18
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well today I started to pull the motor to paint and had trouble getting it off so I decided to take off the rear body off to clean up the frame and fix any rusted spots and do a little maintenance to the battery tray. I think this is gonna turn into a full build in the opposite direction as my 31mph txt. Im thinking with this one I am gonna do a lift with some 23" tires with upgraded controller and torque motor. Since I have the body half way off I might as well take the front cowl off and paint. Good thing I only have $300 in the cart because this looks like its gonna get expensive. The second picture is of my other cart that I am gonna go opposite of.... The third pic is of the dash and radio of the other cart. I think I will do the same thing in the new cart too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Frame.jpg (186.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg TXT.jpg (161.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Dash.jpg (93.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #19
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Nice find! Yeppers, that's a once in a lifetimer right there. 2004 Series cart, great upgrade path! Nicely done.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #20
monkey-1
Monkeylicious

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmatlock00 View Post
Well today I started to pull the motor to paint and had trouble getting it off so I decided to take off the rear body off to clean up the frame and fix any rusted spots and do a little maintenance to the battery tray. I think this is gonna turn into a full build in the opposite direction as my 31mph txt. Im thinking with this one I am gonna do a lift with some 23" tires with upgraded controller and torque motor. Since I have the body half way off I might as well take the front cowl off and paint. Good thing I only have $300 in the cart because this looks like its gonna get expensive. The second picture is of my other cart that I am gonna go opposite of.... The third pic is of the dash and radio of the other cart. I think I will do the same thing in the new cart too.
Sounds like a great plan. Have you posted pics/details of your other cart??
monkey-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO