lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
Blazn70
Not Yet Wild

Default yamaha charger model # scr481717

I have a 1999 or 2000 yamaha golf cart with a yamaha charger (model # scr481717). How do I test the fuse in the charger? There is no juice coming out of the charger when plugged in (via the voltmeter). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Blazn70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: yamaha charger model # scr481717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazn70 View Post
I have a 1999 or 2000 yamaha golf cart with a yamaha charger (model # scr481717). How do I test the fuse in the charger? There is no juice coming out of the charger when plugged in (via the voltmeter). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
A few questions first. Do the lites flash thru the series and the yellow charge lite comes on and you hear the charger humming? Do you see an "abnormal" red lite? Ok, you must have at least 44 plus volts in the battery pack or the charger can't sence it's plugged into a car. The AC power must be going thru the circiut breaker also. Take the screws off the DC cord end and inspect the posts for melting,burnt wire's and also check the DC car receptical for damage. Early Mac chargers had a DC fuse on the front panel with a plastic window, if it is burnt or melted, most likely the dc fuse assy is bad. You can use your volt meter to read output voltage on the transformer side of the dc fuse, but be carefull, don't you to get shocked or hurt, because it must be hooked to AC power and DC power.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:33 PM   #3
Dwflanagan
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: yamaha charger model # scr481717

Hello, I have the same charger and it does one of three things, When I plug in to charge, it gives the red incomplete light (doing rite now), goes to the abnormal cycle, and ever once and a while it will attempt to charge. Anybody got any advice for me? Thanks!
Dwflanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha