lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
raw23062
Not Yet Wild

Default Ride quality question with 14's on my 09 RXV

I just bought my first cart. After a ton of research I went with the RXV. After checking out the local EZGO dealer I fell in love with the one they had with 14's on it so I had them build me one with them. I got it home last night and we took it for a ride and noticed it had a very pronounced wobble/vibration in the steering wheel at higher speeds. It's programmed for the top speed setting, so the problem gets bad around 18-23mph. I don't expect it to ride perfectly smooth but this is a little much IMO. I took it back this morning and the dealer adjusted the toe on the front end as well as dropped the air pressure from 30 to 20 in the front tires. It did seem to ride much better when I got it home. I noticed he only dropped the pressure in the front, so I dropped it in the back too to try and gain more smoothness...then we drove it again and the vibration seems to be as bad as when we first got it home. Anyone else experience this? Thoughts? Obviously I plan on going back up on the rear pressure to see if this helps....but just seems odd. Thanks in advance.
raw23062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
raw23062
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ride quality question with 14's on my 09 RXV

Upon further inspection last night it certainly appears to me that the toe is still way out on the cart. Looking down each side of the cart it appears to me that each tire is toe'd outward. I wonder if he misaligned it or would it be common for a tie rod or something to be worn out and not allow it to stay in alignment? Anyone ever align one of these? Was wondering if I should take a stab at it. I would think I could get it close with a tape measure. Thoughts?
raw23062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Could be a problem with the alignment as you mentioned. Also jack up the front tires and grab a hold of each tire and firmly shake wiggle whatever and see if there is excess movement. Bushings need to be replaced if the wheels feel sloppy while jacked up. Bushings can be purchased usually around $5.00 each at least that is what I pay at local store.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #4
Rwillden
Not Yet Wild

Probably an alignment issue, but I also don't run my 23x14" tires over 12 psi per tire. It'll smooth your ride out a ton. I adjusted the toe to 1/4" more on the rear of the tires than the front. It drives pretty smooth now. Just remember, with the look of 14's, you sacrifice ride quality a bit. It will be stiffer, and a little less "plush." The alignment and the tire pressure will be your best friend.
Rwillden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #5
Barksdale
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwillden View Post
Probably an alignment issue, but I also don't run my 23x14" tires over 12 psi per tire. It'll smooth your ride out a ton. I adjusted the toe to 1/4" more on the rear of the tires than the front. It drives pretty smooth now. Just remember, with the look of 14's, you sacrifice ride quality a bit. It will be stiffer, and a little less "plush." The alignment and the tire pressure will be your best friend.
Did you ever get the vibration to stop?
Barksdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO