lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #11
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 EZ GO Intermittent power loss problem

I just went through this - after constant research it was a "is it plugged in" type issue..

are your battery cells filled with water? My cart went from a 27 mph beast to an 11 mph crawler... thought I toasted something, but realized that only one of four cells were full with distilled water. Felt the fool, but was glad it was an easy fix.. so check that! ;)
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You mentioned replacing a corroded switch because the cart would not to go intermittently. If that was the switch in the pedal box under the floor, the ITS sensor coil is also in that box and was subjected to the same corrosion causing conditions.

A corroded ITS sensor coil will produce the symptoms you are having.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #13
gwgator
Not Yet Wild

No, solenoid would not click when it would fail to go. This has not happened since 48v conversion but I have not given been on it much yet. I am pretty sure that whatever the issue is does not have anything to do with the 48v conversion.
gwgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #14
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

What JohnnyB said ^^^

On edit: Sounds like you may have two problems.....solenoid activation circuit is acting up, & ITS is, too.....
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #15
gwgator
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help. I will check out the pedal box. I am thinking the problem is in there from the previous water damage. I don't think anything there has been replaced.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #16
gwgator
Not Yet Wild

We just took apart the pedal box and cleaned all of the connections and put back together. There was corrosion on the connections and I know the pedal box was submerged in the past. after putting it back together, the cart will not move and the solenoid does not click when pressing the pedal.

I have found the replacement switch on the BU website and a replacement pedal box harness. Not sure if I need the harness?

Is the ITS Sensor Coil the piece with the round hole that the rod passes through when the pedal is depressed? If so, does anyone know where i can find that part?
Old 10-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #17
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwgator View Post

Is the ITS Sensor Coil the piece with the round hole that the rod passes through when the pedal is depressed? If so, does anyone know where i can find that part?
YES it is.....and you can get one directly from EZ-GO if need be.....just be forewarned.....its the most expensive thing in the box.....about $166

http://www.shopezgo.com/products/Ind...le-Sensor.html

you could get the entire assembly, pedals, mount, coil, switches, springs, harness and all for $238

http://www.shopezgo.com/products/Ped...roduct_id=4066
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
about $166
YIKES! Sounds like time to search Google or eBay.

WARNING: What I would do and what you should do may not intersect.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #19
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Before buying parts & throwing at it, you need to diagnose what is wrong. If solenoid isn't clicking, a new ITS sensor ain't gonna make it run (ask me how I know! ). You may, indeed, have an ITS problem causing the intermittent malfunction, but you need to trace the solenoid activation circuit & get it working correctly before putting an expensive part on that may not be needed (again...ask me how I know!).

Did I mention that I have a perfectly good "extra" ITS sensor, since I ordered one, but found that it didn't fix my problem?!
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #20
gwgator
Not Yet Wild

Ok, next question then...how do you trace the solenoid activation circuit?

I just took apart the switch and it appears to be working perfectly fine so I don't think that is the issue.

That leaves the ITS sensor or ???
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO