lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
LiquidVENOM
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo Rear End--Help!!

So two shiny new rear leaf springs arrived today and I set to installing them in my 94 medalist. I first attached them both to the rear end with the U bolts and then finished the right side. When I went over to the other side I was very surprised to find out that the spring was completely unaligned. Literally, there is no way for me to install this spring. It is completely screwed up and it isn't budging either. What is causing this and how can I fix it? my first thought is that my axle is bent. I hope not because I do NOT have the kind of money to buy a new one. HELP PLEASE!
LiquidVENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo Rear End--Help!!

did you lay them down, side by side.....when you do, are they exactly the same? if so, look where they mount to the axle....is the mounting spot the exact same distance from the center to the front? and them the rear? I guess there may be a FRONT and BACK side to the springs.....if so, you most likely have one on backwards.......its a thought.

EDIT: I just went into the garage.....I measured my rear springs, they are 28" total.....but the center pin is exactly in the middle, so that isn't it. So you got something else going on.....PICTURES PLEASE!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
pete959
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

pics r ur best friend
pete959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #4
LiquidVENOM
Not Yet Wild

Hm. Didn't think that they may be one directional. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow. I work until 4.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidVENOM View Post
Hm. Didn't think that they may be one directional. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow. I work until 4.
I don't think that are.....after my edit above.....but still.....something is going on.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Without crawling under mine with a tape measure, mine appear to be symmetrical front to back. Since I have four leaves, I have several frames of reference, relative to the tires. Obviously my eyeball probably can't detect 1/2" or less. It's been a while since I did mine, but I don't remember there being any marks to indicate front and back.

The springs and axle have a nub and a hole, to align them. Are you sure it "snapped" into place and didn't slip when you tightened one or both of the U-bolts?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #7
LiquidVENOM
Not Yet Wild

So I ended up attaching the springs to the shackles first, and then attaching the rear end to them with the U-bolts. All I had to do was to apply several big yanks to get them to line up properly. Thanks for all who helped.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO