lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
tbauer320
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2009 RXV Issues

Great site. Learned a lot in the few weeks I have owned a 2009 RXV electric cart (4-12v batts). This is my first post so hope you guys to diss me too badly for my sins...

Some unresolved issues:
1. Noticed the alignment was toed way out. Adjusted tie rods but noted that the right-passenger "PN: 603865 STEERING ROD" is bent. I got a decent alignment following the threads and instructions here but it is a concern.
Replace? Live with it? Replace whole steering assembly or just the rod? Don't see any other damage.

2. Can't find a date stamp on the Trojan T-1260 Plus 12v. batteries but assume they are original 2009's. Date codes are not stamped on the +- posts. One battery has brownish electrolyte. SG and voltages all seem nominal. Haven't load tested batts yet but they seem strong We run it 5-6 miles nearly every day in hilly terrain with 300 pounds of adult body weight and the gauge hardly moves off of the full dot, if that's reliable. It recharges pretty quick so assume the gauge is right.

3. Get a little gear whine from the motor. Most pronounced when the cart is fully loaded and going up or down hills. Quiet when it coasts (no load, no braking). Want to change differential fluid and noted comments on fluid type on this site, plus I have the Service Parts Manual - EZ-GO PN: 607975. So, why is the "fill" hole on the bottom of the diff? Is the oil supposed to stay in that little depression on the diff? And how does one get oil into that bottom hole without tipping the cart upside down?

4. Cart lists to the driver side a little. Assume weak spring from too many solo golf outings. Any way to correct that without new parts? I added a rear seat so was thinking of putting in heavy duty springs on the rear anyway as long as they don't sacrifice ride quality. Any suggestions on this would be appreciated.

5. Plugging in the charger wand, about 25% of the time I get the slow flashing red light which the manual says is a poor connection. Remove and reinsert the wand and it almost always clears the fault. I cleaned the female part with cotton swab and rubbing alcohol and the male end with the same plus a gentle finger nail filing. Didn't seem to help much. What is best practice for cleaning the wand and receptacle?

Looking for a Service and Repair Manual, EZ-GO part # 605975. Are there any freebie sources for that?

Many thanks in advance.
tbauer320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My cart list. I added HD springs and new dampeners (shocks). Problem solved. I have a rear seat also.

I have a spare set of HD Springs if your interested. They are brand new. It is a long story but I ended up with an extra set during my build. Message me if your interested.

I have some of the parts and service manuals on my home computer, but it will be another week before I get home.
MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 RXV Issues

There's a "for sale/wanted" forum on this site.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:26 AM   #4
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Yurtle, if I ever get serious about selling my spares I'll use the other forum.
MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #5
lexingtoncart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Courtesy of a post by JohnnieB - these helped me out immensely!

http://www.ordertree.com/docs/1047/E...008,605975.pdf

http://www.ordertree.com/docs/1047/E...9,611103-J.pdf

http://www.ordertree.com/docs/1047/E...0607975_SP.pdf
lexingtoncart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #6
tbauer320
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Many thanks lexingtoncart.
These are great links. Have been looking for the Service and Repair Manual for weeks.
Best,
TB
Old 10-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #7
tbauer320
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

MiltonC,
Many thanks for the post. I am interested in your springs but pardon my dummitude as I don't see how to contact you privately.
TB
Old 10-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #8
lexingtoncart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

others put them up - i'm just glad to pass along the info, as others have for me!
lexingtoncart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, electric, motor whine, rxv, steering
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO