lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #21
mike777
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just picked up a nice 2002 Ezgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybell View Post
Thats where you pay a little and get a lot.......
mike777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #22
64suicd
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

We'll fellas I opened her up to see just what was underneath the seat and get you some pics and here is what I found. Please let me know if I'm going to be ok! Thanks again.

64suicd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #23
mike777
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

looks like a decent setup, what are your concerns? you said it ran good, you want it faster.more powerful or what? you should be fine
mike777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #24
64suicd
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes it seems to run fine! I was just curious as to weather or not there was anything to be concerned about. Also is this a stock controller (alltrax dcx400) If not is this one good or bad? This is all new to me and would love to know more about what I have incase a problem does occur! Thanks again
Old 10-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #25
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

NOPE not stock......and it IS a good one. the STOCK controller was rated at 275 or 300 amps......yours is rated at 400. so it will let you get "MORE POWER"!!

so you did good......real good!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #26
eflyguy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I saw the stock controller cover and thought "all show and no go", then the next pic shows the Alltrax controller!!

Dang, you got a deal.

Anyway, it appears that some of the wires have been upgraded, but not all. You want them all at 4ga or better, it appears the wires from the controller to motor are stock 6ga.

What batteries are in there? Do you have a waterer? (like a watering can but shuts off at the correct water level). Take a pic of the charger, too..
..a
eflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #27
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

That wussy stock relay will leave you stranded eventually. Alltrax website says that relay shall not be used with that controller. Also, no diode on relay to protect controller. Someone threw the directions in the trash when they installed that controller. Controller is nice tho, i saw stock cover, then suprised by nice controller. I say get 4ga (or better) cables, a bigger relay, and diode on relay. You will get a little performance gain, and peace of mind about durability/reliability.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #28
64suicd
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
That wussy stock relay will leave you stranded eventually. Alltrax website says that relay shall not be used with that controller. Also, no diode on relay to protect controller. Someone threw the directions in the trash when they installed that controller. Controller is nice tho, i saw stock cover, then suprised by nice controller. I say get 4ga (or better) cables, a bigger relay, and diode on relay. You will get a little performance gain, and peace of mind about durability/reliability.
Could you please help me out on what exactly I will need. I'm not sure what you are talking about? Maybe post a link of what you think i should buy. Also does anybody else agree or have a opinion about this. Again thanks for the help.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #29
cgtech

Yamaha

Try cartsunlimited.com ezgo cable set Kit #8 (4 gauge), or Kit #9 (2 gauge, bigger), both on sale. The relay is the round silver can on the front of the controller. You have the stock relay, it is rated at only 85 amp continous load. If you get a relay from the site above, he includes a diode. The diode is needed to eliminate the voltage spike created when power is removed from the relay coil (it can exceed 1000 volts, motor controllers dont like this).
Old 10-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #30
cgtech

Yamaha

I don't have any pics, anyone got some?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO