lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #31
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Just picked up a nice 2002 Ezgo

geeze you stole that thing! Great deal!
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #32
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64suicd View Post
Could you please help me out on what exactly I will need. I'm not sure what you are talking about? Maybe post a link of what you think i should buy. Also does anybody else agree or have a opinion about this. Again thanks for the help.
the two thing you need to look into would be this:

seeing as you have the DCX400 amp Controller, you should get a 200/800 amp solenoid. (near the bottom of the page)

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html

and to make the high current cables totally correct. I would bet a matched set of silver soldered cables. Kit# 10 on the page below, that will get you every high current cable on your cart.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Batter..._Upgrades.html
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #33
64suicd
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok great I'll look into this tomorrow. Obviously this cart has run like this for some time now. So I guess my question is what would make this go bad and can it cause a ripple effect to other parts! Also I do believe that my silenoid does have a diode on if you look close at the pic. Not sure if this helps me out or not !
64suicd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:26 AM   #34
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Give us the amp rating on the solenoid. I can't read it from the photo, as there is a blue wire in the way. I bought a HD solenoid from ScottyB for my 36 volt controller and it was the same size and shape as my stock one, so you may be OK.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:40 AM   #35
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Give us the amp rating on the solenoid. I can't read it from the photo, as there is a blue wire in the way. I bought a HD solenoid from ScottyB for my 36 volt controller and it was the same size and shape as my stock one, so you may be OK.
yurtle, I found it using the part number on it, its a STOCK solenoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64suicd View Post
So I guess my question is what would make this go bad and can it cause a ripple effect to other parts! Also I do believe that my silenoid does have a diode on if you look close at the pic. Not sure if this helps me out or not !
your solenoid SHOULD have a diode on it. what would make it go bad? well it may not ever, it just all depend how you truly use your cart. right now, MOST of your delivery system has been upgraded, except for the solenoid, it right now.....its the weak link.....so if you push your cart, it would most likely be the first thing to go. to have all your components matched, as far as their capabilities, would be the best situation, thus the normal match for your controller would be the 200/800 amp solenoiod.......the 400/1000 would be good if you ended up upgrading your system further and would handle it.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #36
remac
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

What is the circuit board under the solenoid with the black component?
Has two open connections that say D1, D2 and the black thing (capacitor?)
says Dale CW-5? I think I see part of the name Curtis on one picture.
Is that some kind of diode board for the solenoid?
remac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #37
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

It appears to be a resistor and appears to be connected across the big solenoid posts, which is correct. The other two things appear to have been diodes that got blowed up.

Hard to tell from the photo, but appears there are white and red wires, which may have connected to the small solenoid posts. If so, you can remove them from the solenoid, add a diode directly to the small posts, and I'd check the resistor to make sure it's good.

EDIT: Double check with the experts before doing the above. I don't see the red or white wires on the small solenoid posts, so they may go directly to either the controller or some sort of adapter.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #38
MxChris
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Really nice cart, good find!
MxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO