lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2015, 04:14 PM   #21
kclaiborne
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G29 Body Removal Help?

Question for cgtech or dbmachine (or anyone that knows):

I'm trying to replace my kick panels (aka protective side panels, rocker panels, etc.). I read your initial instructions on front bode removal to get to that point:

Front- remove bolt inside leading edge of front body, just above front bumper. Remove upper rivets (top pops out) securing rubber floor mat, fold mat flaps out of way of dash/glovebox unit. Loosen trim at base of steering column 1 rivet. Kick rails (long black trim piece) will need to be removed next (instructions for each side), 2 screws under rubber mat, one rivet inside battery compartment at rear fender area (you are gonna love that one), 2 rivets inside fender area at leading side of tire tread, then kick panel should pop out of body from top and off of "pins" under cart.

The problem is that there is a hidden rivet securing the front of the kick rail inside front fender.

I'm confused about exactly how I get to those front kick panel rivets or what to do just to replace kick panels...

Thanks in advance for advise.
kclaiborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2015, 06:52 PM   #22
kclaiborne
Not Yet Wild

Figured out how to remove and replace just kick (protective/rocker) panels:

Remove upper rivets (top pops out) securing rubber floor mat, fold mat flaps out of way of dash/glovebox unit. Loosen trim at base of steering column 1 rivet. Remove 2 allen screws and all the rivets holding dash to front cowl. Now lift each side black trim that extends down from dash and you'll see a small metal screw attaching front cowl, remove this screw and carefully lift left or right side of front body cowl up to clear the extended dash trim and kick/protective.rocker panel. Now you can get to the plastic rivet attaching the kick/protective/rocker panel. Now you can proceed with cgtech's write-up: Kick rails (long black trim piece) will need to be removed next (instructions for each side), 2 screws under rubber mat, one rivet inside battery compartment at rear fender area (you are gonna love that one), 2 rivets inside fender area at leading side of tire tread, then kick panel should pop out of body from top and off of "pins" under cart.

I found a pair of needle nose pliers helpful to remove these rivets. Once you get then just popped up with a screw driver you can get the needle nose under them from the side and as pliers get wider from tip will raise rivet, wiggling as you go!

I got hold of a 2014 fleet/course G29 Drive gas cart, Moonstone silver. Pretty nice front after polishing out a few scuffs. Rear not bad, will do some polishing and a little touch up. Changed oil and transzxle, removed wheels and poser washed (it was filthy). Doing some cosmetic work. Used some Black trim dye on rear bumper and some black bumper and trim paint to paint club tray and envbing cover. Lift kit, 22" wheels and tires, Madjax rear flip[ seat, LED light kit, steering wheel and new kick/rocker/protective panels on the way. Intrigued by what you guys say about Plowman's kit. What another $200? LOL Hey, this is cheaper than playing with a Vette (had 2) or a Harley (still have 09 FLHX Street Glide! Can;t just sit around...
kclaiborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:13 PM   #23
thbarrons
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclaiborne View Post
Figured out how to remove and replace just kick (protective/rocker) panels
Nice that somebody puts that instruction here. I just took mine (g29) apart a couple of weeks ago and struggled with some of the same points you mentioned here. You said you're going to paint yours. I used a spray on bedliner on my rocker panels, check it out...

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/body-...indshield.html
thbarrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha