lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2014, 05:20 PM   #21
gwh1bass
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Mouse-proof wire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caokgafamily View Post
The dang squirrels in my nieghborhood chewed up about $2500 worth of wireing in my Powerstroke! I never ever use my car insurance but I did this time. Replaced main wiring harness and wires to fuel tank!
Steve
What is it with the Power stroke. Every fall when it starts getting cold here, the squirrels, chipmunks, mice start shredding all the insulation material in my 6.0 Excursion engine bay.

This past fall they built a big nest in the air intake with insulation, twigs and grass up against the air filter (which they had started chewing into), packed acorns and walnuts all over the engine bay.

I've got a travel trailer also that I store near a friends corn field that over the years has never been touched, but I seal up all the underbody openings with foam and the wife packs the place with cotton balls that have cinnamon oil on them (sure smells better than moth balls come spring time).
gwh1bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2014, 05:33 PM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I have "problems" with chipmunks hoarding acorns and wrens building nests in my garage. One year, a wren built a mobile home in the grill of my truck, but that's about it. I'd be shocked if I spend 10 minutes per year cleaning up.

The most destructive critter I have are carpenter bees. They bore holes in wood, but I usually just caulk them in. I doubt if I've spent more than a tiny fraction of a tube of caulk, so I guess I'm lucky.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #23
gwh1bass
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I accused my son once of playing with my drill because of all theses 1/2" perfectly round holes in a deck railing with nice little piles of sawdust underneath them, until I saw a bee come out of one of these holes one time.
gwh1bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #24
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

LOL, sounds like crow eatin time!!!
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #25
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Wow you have them in Michigan? They get around.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #26
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah, we have those carpenter bees too.....everywhere......on the house, on the deck, on the chicken coop.....even on the 4x4 cedar post that holds up our mailbox. Then the woodpeckers go after the larvae that's in the holes.
I try to live and let live.......

Yeah....those wrens like to pick funny little places to build nests. Did you know that the male builds several nests in different places, and then take the lady around to pick one out that she likes? (hey....no women insults.......'cause I'm one of them).. :)

I live out in the country, so we have lots of every kind of critter, and I love it, for the most part.
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:44 PM   #27
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstreak View Post
Then the woodpeckers go after the larvae that's in the holes.
I try to live and let live.......

I live out in the country, so we have lots of every kind of critter, and I love it, for the most part.
I forgot, I did have to replace one fascia board one year when the woodpeckers tore it up.

We're not quite in the country, but we do have 2-1/2 acres with only the bare minimum amount of grass required by the HOA. We used to get deer, rabbits and foxes, but since my backyard neighbor clear-cut his woods to build an alpaca farm, we're fenced in (out?).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg house.jpg (215.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #28
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstreak View Post
Did you know that the male builds several nests in different places, and then take the lady around to pick one out that she likes? (hey....no women insults.......'cause I'm one of them).. :)

Same as us humans. Except we don't build the houses, we just have to pay for them!
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO