lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2014, 09:15 AM   #1
Yazoohunter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default MCOR reaching full potential? 5K?

Someone once told me that if your MCOR is not reaching last contact or to 5K, you would not be reaching full power. My question is, how can you test that?

48v DS IQ 2006
500DCX
GE Torque D388
Yazoohunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2014, 12:30 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: MCOR reaching full potential? 5K?

An MCOR doesn't range to 5K like many old style throttle devices. An MCOR will register approx 7100ohm at zero throttle and 1100 ohms at full throttle when checking resistance between the yellow wire and white wite.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #3
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

And that seems to be the reason why the MCOR doesn't play well with some controllers like the Alltrax? I keep hearing this various people. Never could get mine to 100% on full throttle using normal mapping and inputs. When I did get to 100%, the low-end will jerk your all over the place...and this was with a replaced MCOR too.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:22 PM   #4
Yazoohunter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Where is the white and yellow wire?
Yazoohunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:00 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoohunter View Post
Where is the white and yellow wire?
Plugged into the MCOR
Old 08-04-2014, 05:39 AM   #6
krellis
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
An MCOR doesn't range to 5K like many old style throttle devices. An MCOR will register approx 7100ohm at zero throttle and 1100 ohms at full throttle when checking resistance between the yellow wire and white wite.
I have been having issues with my Club Car DS IQ. Motor replaced with PQ Bandit, controller Alltrax DCX 500. All other electric components new/upgraded. My MCOR reads about 7.9K to 1.2K ohms. Pulled it apart (yes I know its not serviceable), cleaned the carbon pot, new dielectric grease, resoldered pins to circuit board. Same resistance readings.

Cart is erratic and jerky at all but full throttle. Haven't gotten new throttle map from Alltrax, but I suspect MCOR first. Is there an upgraded MCOR that works on IQ carts, or is the MCOR 4 version for Precedents only? Also, what is part number and where can I purchase at a reasonable price? I am in Atlanta, GA area. Thanks.
krellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:21 AM   #7
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

I went through this before. Listen to Tahoe, the MCOR was fine. He told me the same thing when I 1st started on BGW. I purchased another MCOR and it did the exact same thing and readings. Tahoe is a great resource here , he did not even say "told you so" in the thread (probably to himself lol).

M
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:44 PM   #8
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

Butting in...

I was told the Alltrax and maybe any controller is programmed around the 5K - 0K. Right? So 7.2(or 7.9) down to 1.1k isn't 5-0. Seems this explained two things to me. Why it takes so much throttle to make the cart engage and the other reason why I could never reach 100% power when connecting to the Controller app running down the road.

Alltrax even had me try the ITS(EzGo) setting on the controller throttle tab. It allowed me to reach 100% and **** near yanked my dentures(not really) out on take off. Was an immediate 20-25 percent power on engaging the motor. I ran almost 25 mph on a stock motor.

I have since put back as I didn't want smoke the motor with those kind of speeds.

If you ask me a flaw in Club Car's design - are there other controllers that remedy this issue perhaps - I don't know - I will just live with what I have for now. One day I will replace to motor and maybe play again.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalberto View Post
If you ask me a flaw in Club Car's design - are there other controllers that remedy this issue perhaps - I don't know - I will just live with what I have for now. One day I will replace to motor and maybe play again.
If you ask me it's a flaw in Alltrax's design. Curtis and GE don't have these issues you guys speak of.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by krellis View Post
I have been having issues with my Club Car DS IQ. Motor replaced with PQ Bandit, controller Alltrax DCX 500. All other electric components new/upgraded. My MCOR reads about 7.9K to 1.2K ohms. Pulled it apart (yes I know its not serviceable), cleaned the carbon pot, new dielectric grease, resoldered pins to circuit board. Same resistance readings.

Cart is erratic and jerky at all but full throttle. Haven't gotten new throttle map from Alltrax, but I suspect MCOR first. Is there an upgraded MCOR that works on IQ carts, or is the MCOR 4 version for Precedents only? Also, what is part number and where can I purchase at a reasonable price? I am in Atlanta, GA area. Thanks.
You don't need an MCOR. I read your private message wrong where you said you reassembled the MCOR and applied throttle but your resistance reading "didn't change" I thought you meant it was showing the same reading throughout the throttle range. After reading your post here I now know what you meant. Don't change it. Alltrax needs to figure this mess out. It's their issue.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car