lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2014, 12:43 PM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: cruise control for ezgo golf cart ???

Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2014, 12:51 PM   #12
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

I once had a cart that had hand controls installed, if there was a way to tighten the pivot point nuts on the handle once you got to the speed you desired, that might work...
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:03 PM   #13
crash test dummy

i'm liken the broom idea .. cut handle to fit against seat , then he can jam it full throttle and let 'er rip
Old 08-22-2014, 01:18 PM   #14
bxlt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Of all the questions I have about someone wanting to have cruise control on a golf cart the biggest one is how far are you driving that you need it? Even where I live if I want to drive to my neighbor's house its about a 1/2 mile but even in a car wouldn't set the cruise for that. And where you can legally drive carts on the road most of that is "in town" driving where I wouldn't set cruise control either. Cruise control is for the freeway.
bxlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:58 PM   #15
crash test dummy

in an RV park where the longest straight away is 300 yards

yes this man is very lazy ...
Old 08-22-2014, 06:06 PM   #16
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

How about one of those old twist lock throttle cables, just an idea,
but cruise control for a cart
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:37 PM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Actually, where my parents live, they can drive for miles and miles on flat 25 mph roads. At that excruciatingly slow speed, I might consider one, if I could go eat and shop on mine. Their speed limits are strictly enforced.

I guess it's a badge of honor to get a speeding ticket on a buggy.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:40 PM   #18
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Maybe some sort of potentiometer on the dash that mimics the ITS signal to the controller, then a momentary switch connected to the brake pedal that kills the power to the controller. With high pedal disable, the controller will not accept a signal to move again until the potentiometer is turned all the way down and then back up to desired speed. I have no idea how hard it would be to mimic the ITS signal, I'm in no way an electronics expert, just a thought.
Bmatlock00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:59 PM   #19
stang99x
Gone Wild

Well if you really wanted to do this, it could be achieved quite simply by removing the throttle from the pedal and using a volume style switch (i'm tired and can't think of the actual techincal name of this type of switch) as your throttle. Thus if you turned the throttle to max, it would remain on at max until your turned it back down
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:59 PM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Heck, why even have a gas pedal at all? Just buy a car choke cable - remember those - hook it up to the ITS and mount it anywhere you want. Simply push and pull 'till you get the speed you like, just like we used to do with a choke when starting a cold car.

You could move the throttle MS to the brakes to kill it. Just remember, as soon as you let off the brakes, it will spring back into action. Sounds like a fun gag, I mean mod for your "friend".
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO