lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2017, 08:50 AM   #1
DavidWhittaker
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV Speed

I have a 2013 RXV with new batteries that is programmed for performance and will run at most 21 mph. I have a friend that has the exact same cart, new batteries also. Both carts have 12" rims. His cart will run 26mpg and has the same programming. What could make the differsnce in the 5mph speed difference?

Thanks
DavidWhittaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2017, 09:57 AM   #2
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Speed

there are still variants of speed for each of the levels. So just because the RXV is programmed in freedom mode it doesn't mean the RXV is set to 19mph. So that could be your differential. Do you have the same tires?
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:58 AM   #3
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Maybe he has the 350 amp controller?
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:20 PM   #4
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Maybe he has the 350 amp controller?
Having torn both the 235 and 350 amp apart looking over both hardware and software/programming I didn't find anything that would suggest it would run faster.

Something to note with these however, and I think Bob could better explain it being he actually has a vehicle to test with. But with the right access level handset you can 'lie' to the control and tell it your wheels are smaller than they are and get a bit more speed out of them. This may impact the Regen braking as well as the vehicle's ability to adhere to the commanded speed. (As this may affect the PD Gains for the motor) It seems they limited the speed based on a MPH calculated from the RPM based on GR+tire size setting. Something like that could have been done in this case.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:56 PM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjroman20 View Post
Having torn both the 235 and 350 amp apart looking over both hardware and software/programming I didn't find anything that would suggest it would run faster.

Something to note with these however, and I think Bob could better explain it being he actually has a vehicle to test with. But with the right access level handset you can 'lie' to the control and tell it your wheels are smaller than they are and get a bit more speed out of them. This may impact the Regen braking as well as the vehicle's ability to adhere to the commanded speed. (As this may affect the PD Gains for the motor) It seems they limited the speed based on a MPH calculated from the RPM based on GR+tire size setting. Something like that could have been done in this case.
Due to adverse effects upon braking, regen, and accel curves, it is not recommended. But it is possible that someone did that without knowing the consequences. A little shift is ok, but most people think if a little is good, then a lot is better. Not in this case. The proper way to do it is to go in and edit the upper speed limit in the selected profile. But that takes access levels higher than OEM
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:18 PM   #6
Tcarlton63
Not Yet Wild

I have only had my 2012 RXV for a little over a week. Really impressed on how quick it is and the amount of torque it has. We have one of the speed limit signs that tell you your speed here in town, and it consistently gets 21 mph, even with 4 people on it. Not sure I want mine to go any faster.
Tcarlton63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO