lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2022, 03:01 PM   #1
Rmvand
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 G22A Lighting problem

I have a 2002 G22A with a light kit, headlights/running lights/tail lights. I just bought the cart over the winter and the lights worked at the time but when I tried using them last week I got nothing. Thought it would be easy to diagnose but this has me stumped. There are 2 hot wires off the battery feeding a 2 position switch. Never saw a switch fed by 2 hots. Both fuses are good. Switch is good when I test for continuity on/off. Checked all bulbs and they’re good. Headlight and running light fed by 2 wire connector and 1 yellow wire. Both wires on connector are hot when grounded to frame but not when grounded to yellow wire and yellow wire only goes to running light. When I put +/- to connector headlight comes on. When I put +/- to connector and yellow wire running light comes on. How can both wires on connector be hot coming from battery? Not an electrician but I can usually troubleshoot something like this but I’m totally stumped on this one. I’ve tried looking for schematic but can’t find one that matches this.
Rmvand is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2022, 04:10 PM   #2
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 G22A Lighting problem

Just go slow and trace each wire from the battery to the light
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha