lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
ken
Not Yet Wild

Default PDS / non DCS switcheroo

This is a question for the REAL cart guru's. If I was to switch a complete PDS drive with a complete non DCS drive or vice-versa, when it comes to the rear end will everything mesh up? Would I be better off to switch axle and motor together? Are the ratios the same in both drives? Now all I need is someone real close that would like to have a real nice(fast)PDS drive and live right down the road. Thanks Ken
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: PDS / non DCS switcheroo

Ken I will trade
I have a series project cart and I want a PDS for a street cart.

The differentials are the same, the frame is the same. But you need to swap out the wiring harnesses and the F&R and Controller stuff.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #3
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: PDS / non DCS switcheroo

The PDS rear end minus motor would work as long as the controller and all the wiring are swaped for a series cart and motor.

In other words:
A pds rear end and a series rear end are the same. It's the motor and wiring that you have to change.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:42 PM   #4
ken
Not Yet Wild

[QUOTE=scottyb;577978]Ken I will trade
Thanks Scotty for the info and offer to trade but Calif. is a long way from Ohio
Old 06-12-2011, 06:48 PM   #5
ken
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Andy, thats why I wrote COMPLETE in my post. I knew the controller, wiring, etc. all had to be changed but the rear end left a question. Hey like the looks you have of the cart in the air. Is that yours?
Old 06-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #6
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: PDS / non DCS switcheroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken View Post
Thanks Andy, thats why I wrote COMPLETE in my post. I knew the controller, wiring, etc. all had to be changed but the rear end left a question. Hey like the looks you have of the cart in the air. Is that yours?
Yes, that's my son Ryan at the wheel. Shady Side dragway a year ago last April. Ran 59.9 MPH in 10.7 seconds that run. 6 - 12 volt batteries!
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO