lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2012, 06:12 PM   #11
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yes that's called an ITS or ignition throttle sensor...what you do now is take the silver rocker panel plate off on the drivers side, lift floormat, under that in center is a black cover that pulls right off, under will be a lid with four screws, take those out and pry lid off, inside you will see the ITS with a black and a white wire going to it held in place with two 10 mm hold nuts, unscrew these and check backside of ITS for cracks...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #12
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 txt Non dcs won't go, took lots of voltage readings please help

Now I need to find an ITS for the cart. I would like to find a used on because the new ones are sky high if they have it at all.
jb1dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:39 PM   #13
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 txt Non dcs won't go, took lots of voltage readings please help

A guy here local that works on carts also confirmed it is the ITS in trouble. I think I may have found a used one for free.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:46 AM   #14
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Wow now thats great news those things are like 200 bux
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #15
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well i went and got one off my friends 94 metalist that has my old controller on it and guess what, STILL WONT RUN. PLeASE Help!!
Old 08-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #16
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The ITS I borrowed has cracks in the back if it and when i check it for continuity i hear no buzzer from my meter and reads .610 megaohms between post.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #17
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

just got my ITS and compared meter readings and they are the same. Not my problem or both ITS's are bad? His cart has not been running for awhile due to batteries.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

FWIW: ITS is an acronym for Inductive Throttle Sensor.

Basically, it is a coil of very fine wire and the Inductive Reactance is varied by inserting an iron slug into it.
The controller feeds pulsed DC to it, which acts much like AC passing through a coil, so the current flow through the coil varies as the electrical impedance varies.

When the solenoid first clicks (Slug not inserted) the voltage on the white wire should be between 0.4V to 0.6V on a series type drive system.
When pedal is fully depressed (Slug fully inserted) the voltage should be between1.5V to 1.7V.
If the voltages are outside the given ranges, the ITS is bad, or the controller isn't feeding it the correct voltage on the black wire.

Download the service manual from the stickies, the complete checkout procedure and troubleshooting tree are in it.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #19
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

White wire at click 1.59v
White wire full throttle 2.649v

Black wire at click 10.32 volts
Black wire full throttle 7.71v
Black wire off it's 14.47v

Got same voltage on white wire at controller as at the its.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #20
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

At controller
- meter lead on m-
Red lead on b+
At click 39.74v
Full throttle 39.37v same as battery pack

I worked the f&r back and forth and I saw sparks in forward and it moved twice, now a no go. Is the voltage supposed to go backwards between m- and b+? I can't get it to move anymore while moving the f&r. Never moved in reverse.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO